Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icons?

Hi guys!
    It has been quite a while since I've posted here! A LOT of my spare time has gone to Amateur Radio and Vintage Tube Audio and I just got used to my trusty HS working around the clock! Anyway, a HS Server system crash forced me to reload everything on another computer(Laptop w/WiFi card!). While setting everything up(and learning of all the great things you guys have been doing!), I have found that my icons don't match and some never change. Let me explain, a long time ago, I had played with scripting new animated icons into each device. Now, I don't know how to get each device to use the defaults. I have looked everywhere I know, can anyone help? Thanks!

R. Braddock KI4BFC

Oh, my page is http://guest:guest@braddock.homeip.net:8080/

TubeTech,
    To clear a devices string, which probably included the icon, you key in &hs.setdeviceString "A1", "" (where A1 is the device) in the script field on the speech/scripts tab of an event. If you have a lot of devices to reset it might be worth your while to write a script to loop through and do this automatically.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
      I see that you have been a busy boy since I was last on this forum!
      I have no clue how to do the script. Help, anyone?

Thanks,
      Richard Braddock

Comment

Richard,
        How many devices do you need to change?

Comment

Rupp,
          Really, there are no more than a dozen that need attention.

Richard

Comment

If that's the case I would just setup an event and change the script to run (below) for each device you want to change.

& hs.SetDeviceString "A1", ""

Comment

Can I put in something like, & hs.SetDeviceString "A1", "" ;& hs.SetDeviceString "A2", "" ;& hs.SetDeviceString "A3", ""

etc.?

Comment

Nevermind, I think I got it!

Thanks for the help!

Richard

Comment

Did that work?

Comment

Yes! I just created a temp event and put what you showed me in the script. I then just changed the device code and executed the script for each device.

Thanks! It has been a long time since I have done anythng with HS and I'm a little rusty! I gues I'm going to have to get busy to catch up to you! LOL

Richard

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Working...
                      X