Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modem / wireless switch

Hi guys

I have just upgraded to a wireless switch. It works fine except I cannot now use Homeseer as a server since the switch allocates an IP address to my computer that is not the external broadband IP address.

When I try connecting externally with the IP address I get the setup menu for the switch.

Any ideas how I can configure the switch to route thru to the computer? (Or is it the other way around).

Would be VERY grateful for some advice this is all completely new to me.

CHeers guys.

-rll

what brand?
    I have a d-link (had it for a couple years, may have changed how they operate by now)
    Once you are in the setup menus ( on the web page) you click advanced, it then brings up the "virtual server" page, where you can enter ports and the internal IP where it should be directed.
    The setup will all definately be in the switch

Comment

Wow that's quick. IT's an Epic / Connexant. There is a 'virtual server' page - I don't know how to fill in the public port and private port boxes though.

-rll
      Attached Files

Comment

just guessing, by looking at the picture

for public & private port put the port # your homeseer is serving on. the same number in both.

host ip address is the address of you homeseer computer.
        that should do it

Comment

Thanks for the help - it doesn't work on the internal connections - I'll try it tomorrow from work - or you guys could try for me!!

http://russell.bounceme.net

Cheers.

-rll

Comment

Working...
          X