Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using php web pages to control Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K i went to 1.3 and i still get same error!!pulling hair out!!!!!LOL

Warning: (null)(): Unable to lookup getinisetting: Access is denied. in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\main\php_ini_functions.php on line 256

Comment

k, now i am in business, what i had to do was in dcom under General Tab, i had to choose "none" for Authentication Level, once i did that it works great now.

Comment

Dan,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You wrote:
        I use apache 1.3, not 2.0 as it has some issues and is a total different architecture, didn't have to make any changes to php either, worked out of the box (except I had to configure DCOM of course). Not sure if anyone has tried this with 2.0.
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried it and it works like a charm. I'm using Apache 2.0.48 and PHP 4.3.3 right out of the box with no changes. The code that you posted which prints out the table of devices works perfectly. Very cool!

Joe
        HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

For those that want to toy with PHP without having to run another server like Apache or IIS, here is a way you can do it directly with HomeSeer.

Dale Higgs posted an ocx that you add as a normal interface and this plug-in allows you to run a php file within the HomeSeer web server. However, the php file needs an asp front-end script and the asp and php file must reside in the html directory.

I’ve attached a zip file that contains Dale’s hspi_phpin.ocx (I hope you don’t mind Dale) and also Dan’s php code for the device table listing (I hope you don’t mind, Dan) Third, you’ll find an asp page (I hope you don’t mind, Joe. Huh?) that contains the following code:

&lt;%@ LANGUAGE=VBScript %&gt;
          &lt;%
          Response.Write hs.Plugin("PHPin").ExecPHP("hsphptest.php")
          %&gt;

Here’s what you need to do to try this out:

1) Drop both hsphptest.asp and hsphptest.php into your HS html directory.

2) Drop hspi_phpin.ocx into your HS directory, register it, and add it as an interface.

3) After you add Dale’s plug-in as an interface and after you restart HS, the only config you need to do with the plug-in is to enter the absolute path to your php.exe file. Mine is C:\php4\php\php.exe

4) Point your browser to hsphptest.asp and away you go.

Here is the link to Dale’s original posting of the php plug-in and his directions.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...515#1776003515

I hope this is of some interest.

****Upate****
          For some reason the zip file actually extracts into a web page when you click on the link (at least it did for me just now when I tested it) and I have no idea why. If you want the zip you'll have to do a right click and "Save target as" It will try to download with an htm extenstion so just rename the extension to .zip after the download and it will be fine. I wonder why the file is acting this way.

Joe
          HomeSeer Rocks!

[This message was edited by Joe's Place on Sat, 13 March 2004 at 03:06 PM.]
          Attached Files

Comment

in case anyone else ever finds this threads and wants to do the same thing, here is a how-to:

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=310
            HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
            (aka xplosiv)
            Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I don't mind you telling people about my plugin; it's totally cool with me

Comment

I messing around with this for hours before I got it to work. I should have cut to the end of this thread and used your how-to.

Basically, I didn't have dcom configured correctly. Setting "Identity" to "the interactive user" worked for me. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X