HTML Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML Help

I have an asp which displays external web pages within a table. This is working fine but if the web page code contains a <base href="abc123.com"> tag in the <head> section, any Homeseer web server links below this table are also hijacked to this URL.

How can I revert the links back to point to the Homeseer web server so that both local and remote users can use these links?
    Jon

Jon,
    Can you not remove the <base href="abc123.com"> code?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Yes I can, just adding a "/" i.e. </base href="abc123.com"> will cure the problem. Trouble is it may also kill all the links within the web page too

There must be a way of resetting this??? May be using <base href="???????"> again but what do you put for the question marks for use for both local & remote users?
      Jon

Comment

I'm not sure how many links there are, but couldn't you just use fully qualified urls instead. Then you could remove the base href completely and still have your external links work correctly.

Comment

Hi Renegade,

I'm not sure what you mean.

If I display an external web page in my table, I have no idea what the html code will be like. If this code has a <base ref=> tag, then that is used for the page it was intended. It may well use this base ref for links/graphics within its code or it may not.

Now once out of the table and back to say using a custom footer, then the homeseer links are still referenced to the <base ref=> tag held within the table.

I do not want to modify anything, I just want to point back to the HS server after the table so everything works.

If you are thinking on the lines <base ref="localhost:8080"> then yes it will work locally but not via an external view. I want to to work for both as it did before the <base ref=> tag came along and spoilt everything!

I hope that makes sense?
          Jon

Comment

not sure if it would solve your problem or not, but you might want to try an iframe (Inline-frame). It lets you put a frame in the middle of your page. and in theory, your links afterword would be unaffected.
            But i haven't tried this
            below is a link to an example, plus a reference for the tag.
            http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

Comment

Thanks wes,

It just may work. I'll take a look over the weekend.
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X