Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I push web to TV, like cableTV status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I push web to TV, like cableTV status?

I am setting up a system for a friend. I would like to be able to put out a web page to all his TV's through a channel modulator or such. I would lik ethat page to be a quick house status screen, with the option to have it toggle through pages, maybe through IR received or just timed...

Is this possible? if so what would I need to do it?

I picture it like one of those hotel type status screens or such...

Scott,
    If his PC is near his TV one of the easiest and cheapest ways would be to purchase a TV card with TV out and install it in his PC. Then simply connect the PC to the TV and put the TV on video mode and wallah all of your PC output goes to the TV.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You may want to check out XLobby. It is free and will display web pages, as well as many other things. It is still under development, but looks very promising and I believe the web page part is functional now.

...of course you still need the tv card.

Jim

Comment

I understand the need for a TV card, or at least Video out for the modulator. I was just concerned on how, if I need a dedicated PC? or can I use a IIS server or??? I will look into XLobby and see what it can do...

Comment

Scott,
          You can use the HS web server to serve the touchscreen interface or any web page for that matter. It would be fairly easy to set up a page that "flips" through information as you previously stated without the need of user interaction.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X