Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Wrapper acts funny

Hello All,

I have Web Wrapper 0.0.0.8 installed (which is newer than the one available in the Updater, it seems - I downloaded it from another users Homeseer site).

My reason for trying the new one was to see if it would resolve the problem I am having with missing menu links. If I add custom pages to the web site and use the web wrapper in them, I don't get all the menu choices I get if I look at a Homeseer generated page.

For example, I just added the RC-100 plugin and it added a web menu option at the top of the page for the RC-Thermostat on any Homeseer generated page. But on my custom pages, which use Web Wrapper for the menu, the Thermostat menu option does not appear.

Am I doing something wrong, is Web Wrapper not working right? Any advice appreciated!

Doug Force

forced,

The web wrapper should just be calling your links.htm. What does that file contain? If you are adding the links through a separate links editor, that could be doing something. I provide version 0.0.0.8 on my site (perhaps that is where you Dloaded it ) in which AJ made a modification to correct a problem I noticed in 0.0.0.6 where he was adding an extra blank line before the links appear. This was causing inconsistancy between HomeSeer and non-HomeSeer generated pages. I guess it was never re-added to the updater.

-Tom
    -Tom

Visit Kernhome
    Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

It sounds like the issue is that forced is not using a links.htm. And with no links.htm, you see all the plugin links.

He said he added the RC-100 plugin. Plugins register their links and HS then adds those links to the other HS generated links. If you have a links.htm it overrides the HS ones.

Since Web Wrapper was written before there was a HomeSeer function to get the plugin links, Web Wrapper is not displaying the links added by plugins.

I went through this with the include files and modified them recently to use the new HS function.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
      X