Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi jrfuda,

Yes very impresive.

I love the idea of the floor plans, and presume the lights etc show there current state.

Is that simple to do? I would love to have it so I could glance at mnitor and see the state of everything.

Gogs.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,
      He's using UltraView. You can download it here:
      http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...74&f=383102253
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp,

I'll go and get a copy and play with it!

Gogs.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I love your site JRFuda!

Very inspiring must I add..I love the menu..any hints as to how i could get it?

Thanks!

Bhavini

Comment

Bhavini, click this link or just scroll up a few posts, there's a link to the code for the menu and a zip of my CSS file.
            http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...655#7386035655
            John
            Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
            Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
            HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
            Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

jrfuda,

When did you return from Korea to the state?

How did you edit the background.gif graphic? Did you just replace the BG color?

Comment

Hey John, the site looks great!

This is probably a basic question, but I noticed where your reporting the on/off status of your TV, DVD, VCR, etc. How are you doing this?

Thanks,
                -Gabriel

Comment

hey!
                  thanks alot!
                  except..i have a bigger problem..how did you get to editting the entire site..i am unable to set up the web server..is that preventing me from viewing and hence editting the original html file?

Comment

I'm surprised this old thread is getting so much attention!

GDude, I loaded the background graphic into photoshop, made a negative and messed with the levels, hue, sat, etc. until I got it to look like it does (essentially made a negative, then adjusted the colors to what you see now). I think I also applied a couple of other filters that "rounded" off the gears a bit. Once I did that, I use the eyedropper tool to get the color information from the final graphic and made that the background color of the web page. The graphic is included in the zip near the top of this thread. Also, I got back to the states in June, I've been a little less active on the board since, though, because of the move, grad school and a new baby born a little over a week ago

Warez, the on/off status of my electronics gear is reported using An Ocelot, SECU16 and current sensors. The current sensors are essentially switches that you run a piece of extension chord through tat is plugged-in between the deice you want to monitor and a power outlet. When current passes through the cord, and hence through the current sensor, it causes the little switch inside the sensor to close. All you have to do is hook up something that can detect the closed circuit (like an SECU16, or a game/parallel port using the appropriate plugin) and then you can tell the status of if equipment is on or off. Very handy if you don't have discrete IR commands for your equipment (or want to monitor if someone is using things when they're not supposed to). The status you see equipment in now is not accurate. I'm still getting everything hooked-up and don't have the current sensors working right now, so the status you see everything in now, is what they were in the last time I powered my HS PC down before I moved. Search here, at cocoontech and at Applied Digital's message board for "current sensor" and you'll get all the info you need.

bhavini, I'm not the best person to ask about sight editing, because I do it mostly by trial and error and often forget how I got from A to Z, but here are the basics. Your best bet, though, is to search for some more expert replies. In fact, here are two great tutorials at CocoonTech that should fix your problems:

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=82

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=83

Heck, check how that whole "how-To's" section, it has a lot of good info.

As far as editing the pages, they're generated on the fly so there's nothing to edit. But you can change how they will look by editing the style.css file, which tells HS how to build (colors, fonts, etc.) the pages. There are also a couple of file (head.htm and tail,htm, I think) that you can use to specify what is repeated at the top and bottom of each page, and also allows you to add some scripting to each page (like the popout menu I use). There are some pages that come from third-party plugins and scripts that actually have a physical htm or asp page associated with them. These use things like the includes files and/or webwrapper plugin to keep themselves looking like the HS pages. I'm not really sure how this is done, but maybe someone else will chime in.
                    John
                    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

hey!
                      Thanks a ton for all the info! really greatful for your time..I hope I get far with this!

Bhavini

Comment

Face lift with winlike

seeing this
                        http://www.winlike.net/
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hey Fuda,

I got this menu bar working if I insert it directly into the code, but no luck getting HS to serve it, what do I need to mod to get it showing up?

Comment

Working...
                          X