help with configuration linksys BEFSR41 Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with configuration linksys BEFSR41 Router

Can someone give me a few pointers on the configuration of my router setting.
    I was able to access HS before I added my router but now I just can't seem to get past the router.I have tried different setting ,ports etc
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Ps--keep it simple....I'm not too much of a GEEKE.

Zeeke

you should just have to forward a port to your homeseer computer
    it's page 65 / 66 on the manual that's online (page 36 / 37 of the pdf)
    the default port is 80, you can check this in the homeseer options window under web server

Comment

As an example, you can see that Homeseer is on port 81 on my machine and the local IP is shown (I blanked out the non related port numbers on purpose).
      Attached Files

Comment

You'll notice that Shawn's router is 192.168.1.1

There are two systems on his LAN configured for port forwarding. One is 192.168.1.100 and one is 192.168.1.101

Incoming TCP and UDP traffic on port 81 will be forwarded to port 81 on 192.168.1.101

I might add that it makes things predictable when you use STATIC IP addresses on your LAN for any computers you are going to do port forwarding to. Otherwise if they get an address from your DHCP server, it could change and your forwarding would be broken. If your router lets you setup port forwarding to a MAC address (like a Netopia router does) then the IP can change and port forwarding will still work.

Ed

Comment

Working...
        X