Making Ultraview accessable from web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Ultraview accessable from web

I have Ultra running fine. Works within my network no problem. When I try to access it from the web Ultraview in listed in my DooMenu bar but cannot be selected. I can also see it isnt highlighted like the others I can select. Where is the option to make it accessable for this?

PP,

Are you saying that you have a menu item link that you can click on locally but not remotely? That seems strange.

Are you using IE 5.5 or higher on the remote machine that you are logging in from?

Phil

Comment

Yes, What I did is made a folder that was called ULTRA. then put in it my different ultra pages. Since the post I took them out and just put the links direct in the menu intead of a folder and they work fine. I'm gonna to play around some more and make sure It wasnt something in my configurations. I have to keep running to my neighbors house to test..hehe

Comment

What URL are you using to view Ultraview on your network vs. from your neighbors house?
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I setup a no-ip.com account and that brings me to my main page. The ultra pages I loaded from the doomenu dropdown add list.. .asp files.

Comment

One way to get an idea towards what is happening is when you are on a page is to right click and then select View Source. That will allow you to see the code for the link.

When you said "Since the post I took them out and just put the links direct in the menu", are you saying that you moved the files to the html directory?

If that made it work than its probably a path issue with your browser. So in the doomenu rather than entering "mypage.asp" you would enter "/ultra/mypage.asp". The browser has to know how to find you files relative from the root directory. The exception is when the files are in the exact same directory because that is the default location the browser will look.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

What I meant by moving them is.
              Instead of them being in the drop down folder in DooMenu I put them in the menu direct so thier is no drop down...

Comment

PP,

So they work when they are on the bar (highest level) but when they are in a menu or submenu, they don't?

If this is the case, I would like to examine your links.htm (with the UltraView items in a menu or submenu) to make sure there isn't a problem in DooMenuBar. Can you send it to me?

Phil

Comment

Working...
                X