Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer Built In Status Page Not Working! (formerly Problems with IE Browser)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. It works a little better, but i discovered, through testing, that it is my pc. i copied my hs and put it on my sisters hs pc, and it worked fine. She has a dell. I have an emachines. I am going to get a new pc. Probably a dell. I saw a deal last week for around $400 for a pentium 4 with 512mb with hyper threading and some other basic stuff. I might go with that. for now, I'll just suffer through poor web access.

Comment

Do you have the link for this comp? I searched their site and was like a blind man! Was it a 3 Mhz or higher CPU?

jbc

Comment

I wanted to chime in... I just installed a brand new system running HS 1.7.14 - and I am unable to reach my root/home page, if I go directly to /stat it works, but I can't click on the Home link as it gives a page not found error, the same as if I just go the the IP of my HS box, inside or outside the network. The same if I access localhost.
        The error I get is:
        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">10/24/2004 1:58:37 PM~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\ </pre>

(I tried to read the entire thread, but I may be way off base on the actual problem)

Comment

Scott,
          This has been reported on that version of HS. I would try upgrading to a newer version of HS and see if that fixes it.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
            Scott,
            This has been reported on that version of HS. I would try upgrading to a newer version of HS and see if that fixes it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

newer? all I can find is older versions...

the updater has 1.7.0.7 and I am running 1.7.0.14 - I need some of the functionality added to .14 as it fixed some major problems I had.

Comment

Scott,
              Sorry! I misread the version of HS.

So are you saying when you select the globe picture on the HS GUI it gives you the posted error?

What is listed in your hosts file?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Comment

I go to the base IP I get that error, If I click on the Home link I get that error.

Hosts file? are you kidding? XP pro, we don't use host files anymore...

Comment

Scott,
                  You do have that file on XP PRO. That's where I pulled that path form. You need a listing for local host in the file.

Comment

Have you gone to Tools/Assistant Wizard/Enable and set up the web server and view my web page?

Make sure it's been set up.
                    jbc

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
                      Scott,
                      You do have that file on XP PRO. That's where I pulled that path form. You need a listing for local host in the file. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? I haven't on my last two HS installs... This is an HS issue, not a local file issue. I havent't found a program that used a hosts file in years... that is just not done anymore.

Comment

Scott,
                        When your system is resolving local host it looks in this file.

Comment

Rupp,

I completly understand the hosts file and what it does. I am not having problems resolving my local, or any IP address. HS is having problems displaying the root page. I can access any page directly without an issue.

Again, my problem is *not* the hosts file.

Comment

I updated Homeseer / homeseer phone / and waf netcallerid after a fresh install of win xp pro. I can get to the web site locally, and also get to the site by putting the ip address in. I can not get to my home page outside of this network!

Sounds like the same thing as sbessel

jbv

Comment

Working...
                            X