Login to Web Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login to Web Server

Recently something changed in my system that when I now type in my Master User ID and Password I get the same accesses as my Guest User ID and Password. Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas how to fix it?

Bobby,

Have you tried deleting the master ID and then recreating it, that worked for me.

Also had a quick look at your site, it looks like there is something missing as it appears not to be using any style sheet or menu system? Is that right? Also the devices page is missing?

Sorry but I hope that it helps?

Lance
    Lance

Comment

Thanks Lance. The errors in the look of my web page and the login issues began about the same time. No sure why. Had not made any updates or changes to system. Where do I find the Master ID a you mentioned to delete and how do I create a new one? Thanks for the help.

Comment

Bobby,

I too visited your page and there is something seriously amiss. If you did not have passwords on your web user IDs or changed guest access to being admin capable, then somebody might have come in and done the damage to your system.

It appears that style.css which should be in the HTML directory is either missing or corrupt, and several of the graphics/images are gone.

If you have a backup, restore from that, otherwise go to Add/Remove programs in the control panel, click on the HomeSeer application and choose the repair option to have it put those files back hopefully.

To check your security settings, go to View... Options... Web Server. It is there that you can set security features of the server, and I suggest that you do not allow access to local filesystem using ../ from web, and make sure that your "No password needed" only has 192.168,127.0 in it. Then, click the define users button and make sure that ALL users have a password assigned to them, and that you only grant Admin rights where necessary.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Bobby - Hope you manage to get it all back together.

Lance
          Lance

Comment

Thanks Lance. I have done all the corrections that Rick suggested, It looks good from my home computer, but then again it looked good from my home computer before. Can someone take a look at my web page and let me know if it looks normal again or if it still looks screwed up. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Bobby,
              The link to your HS page is dead.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Does anyone have any other ideas of what the problem could be? I made all of the updates that Rick suggested with no luck. When I call up the page from the Internet or from Homeseer at home, it looks fine, but whenI try to call it up from the Internet from a different computer, it doesn't work correctly. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Comment

Bobby,
                  I just tried it again and I got to your status page.

It still has only a white background and many of the icons are missing. It appears that the HS server is having a problem serving all the graphics. If I refresh a few more show up but no background.

Comment

Bobby,

Have just taken a look same thing for me aa Rupp got, white background (no image or colour). Are you sure you have the style sheet in the correct place?

A lot of pages seem to be missing as well, links I have tried:

Setup - page cannot be displayed as though it is missing, would expect to get guests are not allowed to access.

Phonebook - page cannot be displayed as though it is missing

Hang on a minute as I'm testing the site have just gone back in the browser and all has come back - Well done

Lance
                    Lance

Comment

Sorry Bobby - all gone again, it has to be either bandwidth, virus or as Rupp suggested the HS server is having big problems.

More serious than that I can view events, if you have followed Tink's instructions I would expect this to be disabled for guests.
                      Lance

Comment

Lance/Rupp, When I call the web page from the internet from my home computer all works fine. Another thing I have noticed is that the Sunrise frame at the top, when I call it from home I get a Sun.gif, but when I call it from work, I get some kind of a Weather.gif. I have no idea what is happening to my colors, toolbars, etc. Any other idea? Thanks.

Comment

Bobby - I too get a weather related gif at the top currently it's HAZE, but if you right click and do properties on it, the name of the gif is sunrise.gif as you would expect!

Also this gif I'm guessing is required later down the page as your virtual device w30 is Current Conditions and at the moment that is haze but the image does not show here and is missing, the image it is looking for is http://bobbyandrobin.no-ip.info:85/w...s/64x64/21.png.

Have you tried HS support? It's the only thing I can think of.

Sorry
                          Lance

Comment

Bobby,
                            Have you tried clearing your cache at work and then reloading the page to see what you get?

Comment

After turning in a help ticket to Homeseer and trying a few things with no luck, Rich has come back and stated that it must be an "Internet Connection Issue". Can anyone assist me in what to try to correct "An Internet Connection Issue"? I am using Roadrunner internet, RR's cablemodem, and I use a standalone computer at home (No network, Router, etc). Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X