Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I trigger an event on ASP page by clicking on image

The title says it all;
    I have an asp page and I want to trigger an event by clicking on an image (of a custom button).
    I have a button image (fan_off_15min_button.gif) that says 'fan off - 15 mins.' and I want to trigger an event (called 'fan off 1/4 hour') when I click on the button image.
    I'm trying to incorporate it into JohnWPB's ASP pages that I am in the middle of setting up. I can get everything with turning devices on and off just fine.

Dick
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Dick Mason,
    Try this
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &lt;%@ Language=VBScript %&gt;
    &lt;HTML&gt;
    &lt;HEAD&gt;
    &lt;/HEAD&gt;
    &lt;BODY&gt;
    &lt;FORM action="beginner.asp" method=POST id=form1 name=form1&gt;
    &lt;input type="image" name="image1" src="background.gif"&gt;
    &lt;/FORM&gt;
    &lt;%
    if request.Form("image1.x") &lt;&gt; "" then
    'hs.TriggerEvent "yourDesiredEventNameHere"
    hs.TriggerEvent "Speak Time"
    end if
    %&gt;

&lt;/BODY&gt;
    &lt;/HTML&gt;

</pre>

You'll need to edit the event to run as well as the image scr.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This code would probably work great, if I had the beginner.asp page on my system.......
      Visit My Home Seer Site at:
      www.JohnWPB.com
      Created with LCARS

Comment

Yeah, I can't get it to work. No matter what I replace beginner.asp with I get an missing graphic symbol and it's properties say it is whatever the name of the page I have this code in.
        Dick
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

You name the asp page that you paste the code into beginner.asp
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ahhhhhh It calls itself.... That makes sence... thanks Rupp....
            Visit My Home Seer Site at:
            www.JohnWPB.com
            Created with LCARS

Comment

Working...
            X