Envoy IQ support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post

I think so but I do have a couple questions.

When I startup HS4 I get a Warning in the log. See 1st screen shot below.

When it gets dark all the inverters are set to 0 except one of that gets set to -2147482656. Also it looks like the plugin restarted also.
    Where it says Saved device it has unknown. see 2nd screen shot.
    Hi Jim, it all looks good.
    The Warning is normal - it's actually just info, I made it Warning to stand out more.
    The "Unknown" device is ok - because Envoy doesn't report it's exact type unfortunately - I hope Enphase will change it, it's nice to know what Envoy it is.
    Regarding Inverter values during start-up - "-2147482656" means "Unknown" state - until communication is established.
    I actually recommend set "Do not log commands from this device" for most devices in HS - otherwise you get too much unnecessary logging and disk writes and database use.
    If you are interested in some devices history - I suggest Device History plugin instead.

And not sure what you mean by "Also it looks like the plugin restarted also"? All plugins restart when you restart HS.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Hi Jim, it all looks good.
      The Warning is normal - it's actually just info, I made it Warning to stand out more.
      The "Unknown" device is ok - because Envoy doesn't report it's exact type unfortunately - I hope Enphase will change it, it's nice to know what Envoy it is.
      Regarding Inverter values during start-up - "-2147482656" means "Unknown" state - until communication is established.
      I actually recommend set "Do not log commands from this device" for most devices in HS - otherwise you get too much unnecessary logging and disk writes and database use.
      If you are interested in some devices history - I suggest Device History plugin instead.

And not sure what you mean by "Also it looks like the plugin restarted also"? All plugins restart when you restart HS.
      I did restart HS4 tonight. I seen in the log on 10/18/20 at 6:06 PM the plugin shutdown. Then at 6:12 PM the plugin started back up. At that time I did not restart HomeSeer. You can see it the log in the second screenshot in my last post.

when -2147482656 was in the log it was just for one inverter the rest were set to 0. This was just after it got dark and one minute before the plugin shut down. What could cause the plugin to shut down and restart on it's own? Why would just one inverter be set to -2147482656 and the rest set to 0?

What's the difference between Not Operating and Not Producing?

Thanks
      Jim
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Where is the setting to turn of logging?
        If my power goes out and when the power comes back on and the IP address changes for the Enphase will the plugin somehow know or will I have to update the plugin manually with the new IP address? I will check my router to see if I can assign an IP address to Enphase.

Thanks
        Jim

Comment

I setup my router to assign the Envoy an IP address of 192.168.1.190. It was 192.168.1.50 but when I restarted HomeSeer the plugin went back to 192.168.1.50. How do I get the plugin to stay on the new IP address?

Thanks
          Jim

Comment

Wow so many questions
            What's the difference between Not Operating and Not Producing? "Producing" means actually generating electricity. "Operating" - not sure. Looks like the inverters don't use power from grid to operate. So in low light it may have enough power just to feed itself (still be operating) - but not producing power. There's also another state "Communicating".
            IP address changes for the Enphase will the plugin somehow know Normally yes - if mDNS (Zeroconf) discovery is working. How did you setup the plugin - did it find the Envoy, or you set IP address manually?

Some users have problems with mDNS because of network topology or the router blocking mDNS packets - but that's beyond the scope of the plugin.

From your first post I see you are on Windows and plugin uses TmDS discovery (default). Most reliable mDNS is Apple Bonjour service Download Bonjour Print Services for Windows - you can install it and restrt the plugin, it will detect the service and switch to "Mono.Zeroconf" provider.

In any case I always suggest to set static IP just to be safe. Or at least increase the DHCP lease from default 24 hrs to something longer, i.e. 365 days. And you can even set static IP on Envoy itself (screenshot below), but you need installer password. Let me know if interested.
            It was 192.168.1.50 but when I restarted HomeSeer the plugin went back to 192.168.1.50 It looks like your mDNS isn't working? If you want you can try attached mDNS browser to verify. Or, you can set the IP address manually on Envoy plugin config page.
            Then at 6:12 PM the plugin started back up. At that time I did not restart HomeSeer. You can see it the log in the second screenshot in my last post. From the log it just looks like you shutdown the plugin (not HS) at 6:06 and started again at 6:12:55

There's no errors. If it happens again, I can investigate.
            Why would just one inverter be set to -2147482656 and the rest set to 0? -2147482656 is actually "not_operating", as you said, it was getting dark
            Where is the setting to turn of logging? It's HS setting, not the plugin. And you have to do it for each HS device.
            Normally all devices created by my plugins - I disable this by default.
            I'm still on HS3, see the screenshot below. Where in HS4 - not sure, you'll have to find
            Click image for larger version  Name:	dhcp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	1427236Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-20 175203.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	1427238
            Attached Files

Comment

The plugin did not auto detect my system. I had to manually enter serial number and IP. I don't have the installer login info so I could not set static IP in Enphase firmware. What I did was set my router to assign the IP address. I set the router to assign the IP I used a different IP so when the plugin restarted it kept looking for the first IP I used when I setup the plugin. I download and installed Bonjour Print Services and now it finds the correct IP if the plugin restarts.

I didn't change anything on the logging but it appears it has stopped logging.

As of now I think all is pretty much good. I was getting close to the end of the trial. I wanted to make sure the plugin was working good which it is and I now have the plugin Registered.

Thanks
              Jim

Comment

Thank you Jim.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Also, if you are interested in installer password - I can provide you info to generate the password - just for fun, you can get more insights

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                  Thank you Jim.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Also, if you are interested in installer password - I can provide you info to generate the password - just for fun, you can get more insights
                  Yes I would like that. Please do.

Jim

Comment

Yes I would like that. Please do.Jim
                    There's Android app for generating password, I found the link here https://thecomputerperson.wordpress....aller-toolkit/

You don't need to read the whole post (unless you are interested) - in the end there's a link for the app https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc40op8eqf...d2019.apk?dl=0

You just enter your Envoy serial number - it will give you the password. And the user name is "installer".

I don't need to tell you that with installer login you can do a lot of things including screwing up you Envoy if you are not careful. And don't hold me responsible

Comment

I'll need to find my old Android phone. My current phone is iPhone.

Jim

Comment

When you go to the local Envoy IP, at the bottom there's "Installer Login".

The link takes you to http://192.168.1.31/installer/setup/home#initial_setup

Which you don't need, just navigate to http://192.168.1.31/installer/setup/home#overview

Have fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-21 134110.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1427458

Comment

I'll need to find my old Android phone. My current phone is iPhone.

Jim
                          The hack is only for Android because it uses the Envoy encryption dll available only for Android. I used my old Samsung Tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_20180822-140848.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1427463

Comment

I got in. I looked around. The only thing I changed was the reporting from 4 times a day to every 5 minutes.

Thanks
                            Jim

Comment

You can also set static IP address there

Comment

Working...
                              X