This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Euroboy View Post
    Cool! I will check 3.0.0.9 as soon as it gets posted on the updater.
    Sorry, forgot to mention - I publish new version in BETA section (very bottom), then HST moves it to the release. But that may take a week...

I'll have a look at the data you posted, thank you.

Comment

Do you have any plans to move to HS4? I don't want to maintain both versions...

Comment

I looked at the inventory data - there's 5 devices of type "ENCHARGE" and one "ENPOWER". Do you have 5 batteries?

Comment

I am probably just a few weeks out from moving to HS4. Likely mid Feb.
          My inventory should be as follows:

1 Envoy
          6 Batteries (Encharge)
          1 ATS (Enpower)
          34 Micro inverters

It might be one of the batteries did not communicate with the Envoy - we have had a few comms issues and I am contemplating running a USB cable as the batteries are on the opposite of the house from the ATS...

Comment

I just downloaded 3.0.0.9 from the Beta section and will test the grid status tomorrow

Comment

What's ATS?

Enphase Enpower Smart Switch?

Comment

Yup - ATS = Automatic Transfer Switch. This is a rather large box that has all the logic for switching between loads (solar, grid, battery, generator,...). It also forms a micro grid when running off-grid. https://enphase.com/en-us/support/en...-install-guide

Comment

ok

Comment

Soooo... I installed 3.0.0.9 and GridState kinda works. There seems to be a constant toggle between no status as well as Open/Closed. See this log extract:
                    Jan-25 9:54:11 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'closed' from ''
                    Jan-25 9:54:11 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: '' from 'closed'
                    Jan-25 9:53:48 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'closed' from ''
                    Jan-25 9:53:48 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: '' from 'closed'
                    Jan-25 9:53:19 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'closed' from ''
                    Jan-25 9:53:19 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: '' from 'closed'
                    Jan-25 9:52:37 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'closed' from ''
                    Jan-25 9:52:37 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: '' from 'closed'
                    Jan-25 9:52:10 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'closed' from ''
                    Jan-25 9:52:10 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: '' from 'closed'

and same thing happens when I disconnect the grid:
                    Jan-25 9:43:07 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'open' from ''
                    Jan-25 9:43:07 AM Event Event Trigger "System Power Grid Failure"
                    Jan-25 9:43:07 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: '' from 'open'
                    Jan-25 9:42:39 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title 45 Elm Home Automation System (70c05473-7535-44f2-8f45-ce715e279c6f)
                    Jan-25 9:42:38 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'open' from ''
                    Jan-25 9:42:38 AM Event Event Trigger "System Power Grid Failure"
                    Jan-25 9:42:38 AM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: '' from 'open'

Comment

I need to find out why it changes to empty ''. Also, this is getting status from ATS (I think), but I'm sure grid status should be available somewhere even without batteries.

Comment

Ver 3.0.0.10 Fix resetting grid status

Comment

Wow. Super quick. Will test tomorrow and revert back!

Comment

3.0.0.10 does the trick. I now get a notification when the grid fails and when it is back up - which honestly to me justifies the entire cost of the plug-in, so thank you!!
                            A small nit-pick: When the plug-in first initializes it triggers a " " to Grid OK event:
                            Jan-25 7:31:14 PM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'closed' from ''
                            Jan-25 7:31:02 PM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning Running on 'windows' - using Locator.Tmds.DeviceLocator
                            Jan-25 7:31:02 PM AK EnphaseEnvoy Saved device: Envoy (EnvoyS), id: 121949064130, url: http://192.168.5.133/
                            Jan-25 7:31:02 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in AK EnphaseEnvoy
                            Jan-25 7:31:02 PM Starting Plug-In AK EnphaseEnvoy loaded in 1633 milliseconds
                            Jan-25 7:31:02 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin AK EnphaseEnvoy started successfully in 266 milliseconds
                            Jan-25 7:31:02 PM AK EnphaseEnvoy UpdateConfiguration: scheduled
                            Jan-25 7:31:01 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin AK EnphaseEnvoy ...
                            Jan-25 7:31:01 PM Info Plugin AK EnphaseEnvoy has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58382

Here is the log when it toggles between grid on -> offline and back from offline -> online:
                            Jan-26 1:38:56 PM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'closed' from 'open synchronizing'
                            Jan-26 1:38:56 PM Event Event Trigger "System Power Grid Online"
                            Jan-26 1:38:30 PM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'open synchronizing' from 'open'
                            Jan-26 1:31:54 PM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title 45 Elm Home Automation System (3892d801-d006-4f49-8bc9-4d53428985de)
                            Jan-26 1:31:54 PM AK EnphaseEnvoy Warning [1879]: Grid State changed: 'open' from 'closed'

I am going to play around with the battery data now that I have access to the installer UI :-)

Thanks again!

- Thomas

Comment

3.0.0.10 does the trick. I now get a notification when the grid fails and when it is back up - which honestly to me justifies the entire cost of the plug-in
                              Also I think the main usage is to enable using power consuming devices when production exceeds consumption - which is huge $$$ saving. For example I use electric heater in winter controlled by this plugin. And if there's not enough production - I switch to gas heating.

When the plug-in first initializes it triggers a " " to Grid OK event
                              That's easy to fix

Comment

Do you reckon $49 is high price? Given amount of time I spend researching and implementing.

Comment

Working...
                                X