No announcement yet.

No updates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm just seeing the above posts now... I did not get an email notification or saw them in the daily updates earlier, maybe due to the message board updates. I will think of scenarios around this but most likely not before Monday. Note that each time the plugin gets an update APCUPSD or NUT, it opens a network connection, queries the data and closes the connection, i.e. the connection to APCUPSD or NUT is not persisted for the life of the plugin. Are you using the latest or the current released version?

Comment

Yes, I'm running version 3.3.0.0 Registered

My issue is consistent, as it occurs everyday at approximately between 1:15 and 1:20 am. The only thing that shows in my log during that time is the "Energy database compaction initiated."

Comment

Originally posted by wcross View Post
        Yes, I'm running version 3.3.0.0 Registered

My issue is consistent, as it occurs everyday at approximately between 1:15 and 1:20 am. The only thing that shows in my log during that time is the "Energy database compaction initiated."
        Thanks. The latest Beta adds support to log watt usage to the Energy database, but this can be excluded since not part of 3.3.0.0. Are you running the plugin under Windows or Linux? What are you using for the hostname where apcupsd is running in the plugin configuration (IP address, “localhost”, dns hostname, ...)?

Comment

Originally posted by wcross View Post
          Both of my client instances are different machines, but it really appears to be an issue with the plug-in, not client communication. At least in my configuration, it appears to happen consistently between 1:15 and 1:18 am every day -- the same time HS appears to be be consolidating the Energy database:

Jul-30 1:18:56 AM Energy DB Info All energy database compacting routines completed.
          Jul-30 1:18:56 AM Energy DB Database is 357.7061 MB in size. No further compaction needed.
          Jul-30 1:18:56 AM APCUPSD Error An unexpected error occured in the Monitoring Timer function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetINISetting(String section, String key, String default_val, String FileName) at HSPI_APCUPSD.HSPI_INSTANCE.get_UPS_IsEnabled() at HSPI_APCUPSD.HSPI.networkTimer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)]
          Jul-30 1:15:00 AM Log Info The log database is currently 3.55MB in size.
          Jul-30 1:06:23 AM Energy DB Info Compacting remaining data...
          Jul-30 1:06:09 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 4 months...
          Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 1 year...
          Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 3 years...
          Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 5 years...
          Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 10 years...
          Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Energy database compaction initiated.
          Per the above message, the plugin was calling an HS3 API to get a value from the plugin INI file in the timer to check if configured UPSes are available (or computer shutdown). Does this start appearing in a recent HS3 version and which HS3 version are you using?

The timer in the above message by the way is separate from the one fetching updated values from each UPS. Do the values in the HS3 devices for each UPS update?

Comment

Working...
          X