APCUPSD HS3 Pro Sel AP9619

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APCUPSD HS3 Pro Sel AP9619

I am trying to configure an APC UPS with a network management card AP9619. I have the HomeSeer Pro Sel Unix Cube. If the instructions are here someplace, please direct me. Otherwise I would appreciate any assistance.

The first step is to setup and configure the APCUPSD with this network management card idependently of the HS3 apcupsd plugin. I am not familiar with such setups through the apcupsd site (http://www.apcupsd.org/) might have some suggestions how to do this. Once the APCUPSD software is able to monitor the UPS, the HS3 apcupsd plugin can be used ; it connects (via a network connection) to the APCUPSD software running on a PC.

Comment

http://nuclear.unh.edu/wiki/pdfs/apcupsd-manual.pdf page 59.

Then install apcupsd on the Linux system:

Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get -y install apcupsd
      You'll need to edit the configuration /etc/apcupsd.conf

- find line starting with UPSTYPE - change to UPSTYPE net
      - find line starting with DEVICE - change to DEVICE ipaddress:3551 where ipaddress is the IP address assigned above.
      - find line starting with NISIP - change to NISIP 0.0.0.0
      - restart apcupsd service
      Code:
      sudo service apcupsd restart
      - check for success
      Code:
      apcaccess
      Should return something like this
      Code:
      APC      : 001,035,0896
      DATE     : 2019-03-19 17:31:02 -0700
      HOSTNAME : Z-Not
      VERSION  : 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) debian
      UPSNAME  : hometroller
      CABLE    : Ethernet Link
      DRIVER   : NETWORK UPS Driver
      UPSMODE  : Stand Alone
      STARTTIME: 2019-02-20 22:14:29 -0800
      MASTERUPD: 2019-03-19 17:31:02 -0700
      MASTER   : hometroller:3551
      MODEL    : Back-UPS ES 550G
      STATUS   : ONLINE SLAVE
      LINEV    : 122.0 Volts
      LOADPCT  : 13.0 Percent
      BCHARGE  : 100.0 Percent
      TIMELEFT : 57.7 Minutes
      MBATTCHG : -1 Percent
      MINTIMEL : 1 Minutes
      MAXTIME  : 0 Seconds
      SENSE    : Medium
      LOTRANS  : 92.0 Volts
      HITRANS  : 139.0 Volts
      BATTV    : 13.5 Volts
      LASTXFER : Automatic or explicit self test
      NUMXFERS : 0
      TONBATT  : 0 Seconds
      CUMONBATT: 0 Seconds
      XOFFBATT : N/A
      STATFLAG : 0x05000408
      SERIALNO : 4B1532P13962
      BATTDATE : 2015-08-06
      NOMINV   : 120 Volts
      NOMBATTV : 12.0 Volts
      FIRMWARE : 904.W1 .D USB FW:W1
      END APC  : 2019-03-19 17:31:14 -0700
      Last edited by zwolfpack; March 19, 2019, 09:31 PM. Reason: Added change to NISIP setting

Comment

Am I understanding correctly that you have to Exit HomeSeer3 to the Unix OS of the HomeSeer Pro Cube and make the changes above? Here are some screenshots if that helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

What is the program running in the first screenshot? Is that running on the SEL or somewhere else? What did you do to set that up?

I don't have a SEL - does it have an attached monitor+keyboard+mouse, or do you remote in from another computer?

It isn't necessary to stop HS3 to do other things on the SEL. You can run multiple sessions simultaneously. You'll want to start a new session.

Comment

The first screen is taken from the network management card in the UPS.

Comment

All of my UPSs are connected via ethernet, not USB / serial.

Comment

This is the HomeSeer Unit I have
                Attached Files

Comment

Let's back up a bit, as what the plugin author wrote in post #2 and I amplified on in post #3 may have missed the mark.

This APCPSD plugin does not interface directly with your network management card. Instead, the plugin communicates with a program called APCUPSD, which in turn interfaces with various UPS models.

What I wrote in post #3 is the instructions to install and configure APCUPSD on a Linux system (in your case, the SEL). Once APCUPSD is talking to the UPS, you configure the plugin to point to the running APCUPSD, rather than the network management card as you now have.

In order to perform the installation, you will need to gain access to the Linux command line. This can be done by connecting a monitor and keyboard to the SEL unit, or you can use a program called PuTTY to remote in from another PC.

Comment

First, thank you all for your help. I think I am making headway; however, I think I still got something wrong.
                    See attached.

Comment

Do you have a username/password to login to the UPS webpage? If so, the configuration suggestions I gave in post #3 may not be appropriate. Instead, in your /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf, try the following

- find line starting with UPSTYPE - change to UPSTYPE pcnet
                      - find line starting with DEVICE - change to
                      Code:
                      DEVICE [I]ipaddress[/I]:username:passphrase
                      where ipaddress is the UPS IP address and username, passphrase are what you use to login to the webpage
                      - restart apcupsd service

Code:
                      sudo service apcupsd restart
                      - check for success

Code:
                      apcaccess
                      Note: this idea from http://nuclear.unh.edu/wiki/pdfs/apcupsd-manual.pdf page 32.

Comment

I tried changing it to the first attachment.

Same error as before "ComLost"

I tried changing it to the SNMP

Same error as before "ComLost"
                        It could be something I have done wrong, not a Unix person here so crash coarse in VI to edit the file.

Tried rebooting the device and now I get the final black attachment

I also included a screen shot showing SNMP on the APC is at default and enabled.

Comment

In the first picture, UPSTYPE should be 'pcnet' rather than 'net'.

Comment

I am still trying to get this to work, now when I go to do a restart i get an error. There are also five screen shots of the apcupsd.conf.
                            Again, thanks for your help.

Comment

Still a couple issues with your configuration file

- 2nd photo, last line, which starts with "pcnet" ... this line is part of descriptive text and isn't meant to be uncommented. Restore it to the original by adding back the # character at the start of the line.

- 3rd photo where you have

UPSTYPE apcsmart
                              DEVICE 192.168.10.246:apc:apc:3551

change to

Code:
                              UPSTYPE pcnet
                              DEVICE 192.168.10.246:[I]username[/I]:[I]passphrase[/I]
                              where username and passphrase are replaced with what you use to log into the UPS web interface.

Comment

Working...
                              X