Configuration help for new HS4 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuration help for new HS4 install

I installed APCUPSD as per the APCUPSD instrunctions on a new HomeTroller Pro HS4 system and APCUPSD is working fine (see attached), the tray icon shows current data and is updating

Then I installed the Plugin version 3.3.2.3 but am not seeing any data (see attached).

The only configuration item that seems relevant is the port designation however this is an APC Back-UPS 1500 with the USB interface so there is noo assigned comm port in Windows.

TIA

Best Regards

edit: I found the devices, they had been build without a Floor designation, but there is still no data displayed.
    Attached Files

Solved.

The default APCUPSD configuration for a USB interface appears to require the comm port designation to be 3551.

The only (very) little issue is a missing image for the Battery Charge device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	APC 4.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	1520781
    Best Regards

Comment

And just to be thoroughly OCD, there are actually 5 missing png images for the battery level device. The files are present but are of size 0.

Best Regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Actually the missing PNG files are a bit of a nuisance, every callup of the device throws non-fatal errors into the log file. I found some silmilarly named PNG files in the images\apcupsd\classic directory and substituted them albeit they have a different 'look'

Best Regards
        Attached Files

Comment

Upon startup, the plugin runs a shell script to build the icons based on the style used in HS3 configuration (don’t recall / know if this ui style config still exists in HS4; I m still using HS3). To install the icons, a (dos) schell script is executed and located in the contemporary or classic directory. Many icons are copied from the contemporary or classic directory to the status directory that HS3 uses at runtime. Some icons files are the default HS3 icons (in html/images/HomeSeer/status directory rather that plugin specific ones) and instead of physically copying these files on disk to html/images/apcupsd/status a s’y boric link is created by the install-icons.txt script (script specific to each style). Unfortunately it appears that script is not executed in an HS4 setup compared to a HS3 setup. You can check the script for your style and manually copy the files where the line starts with mklink from html/images/HomeSeer/status to html/images/apcupsd/status

Comment

Yeah, I found those and copied so everything looks good on HS4. Now registered as well. Thanks!

Best Regards

Comment

I am struggling to connect via USB an APC Back UPS 1500 to Windows 11 running HS4. Installed APCUPSD V3.3.2.3. Config page looks just like that above with my correct host name and port 3551. Connection status shows None. Device page shows APCUPSD in one of the Device filters (I renamed mine and not sure what original names were), but nothing in the Device selection filter. Toggled enable/disable, restarted HS...no change. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Any ideas?
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
              2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
              300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
              6 CT-100 tstats
              Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
              18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Did you install apcupsd itself?
                http://www.apcupsd.org/

Comment

Yes, apcupsd installed, uninstalled, reinstalled. Cables correct. No connection??
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Ok then, is the Apctray app reporting properly?

Attached Files

Comment

Doesn’t have the plug icon. There is a power chute icon in the tray, but opening it up says power source unknown and there's no connection. Device mgr has an APC USB in the battery folder, but no obvious APC device in the Human interface folder.

HS4Pro on Windows 10
                      6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Any more thoughts?
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

The device manager display looks good, that indicates the Apcupsd driver is installed correctly.

Only one of Apcupsd / Powerchute can work at the same time; the USB interface can't be shared between the two.

You should be able to start the Apctray application from Windows Start Menu: Start-> Apcupsd->Apctray

The HS apcupsd plugin works very similarly to this Apctray application. Once Apctray indicates online, we can start looking at the plugin.

Comment

Thank you zwolf for your time and patience. I now have apctray available and full of data. HS has a device and seems to be reporting correctly.
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Whoops, one more question. Will the APC tray automatically load on a reboot?
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Working...
                              X