• Show
Clear All

• Sheriff
    replied
    That did it, thanks again, Zwolf!

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Where it says "Search for drivers in this location", you have the correct value, "C:\apcupsd\driver".

Close the "Browse for folder" dialog and click 'Next' at the bottom of the "Update Drivers" form. It should then present "American Power Conversion USB UPS (Apcupsd)" for selection, per step (g) in the install instructions. Continue the instructions from there.

Leave a comment:

• Sheriff
    replied
    Zwolf, I'm sorry, but computer is not my native language. While my install on my other windows system went fine (with your patient help), I continue to struggle with this second install of APCUSPSD. I remain unable to install the driver. I uninstalled the existing APCUSBD app and did a fresh install with nothing else running. Again it reported that it was unable to install the USB driver and directed me to the driver install text below. I followed the instructions searching for the driver (image below), but I don't find the "American Power Conversion USB UPS (Apcupsd)" driver in that directory (image below). My APC tray and my Battery and HID directories still look the same as they did in Post 17 above. What madness am I suffering from?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	151.0 KB ID:	1584810

Leave a comment:

• pcp
    replied
    Originally posted by pcp View Post
    Upon startup, the plugin runs a shell script to build the icons based on the style used in HS3 configuration (don’t recall / know if this ui style config still exists in HS4; I m still using HS3). To install the icons, a (dos) schell script is executed and located in the contemporary or classic directory. Many icons are copied from the contemporary or classic directory to the status directory that HS3 uses at runtime. Some icons files are the default HS3 icons (in html/images/HomeSeer/status directory rather that plugin specific ones) and instead of physically copying these files on disk to html/images/apcupsd/status a s’y boric link is created by the install-icons.txt script (script specific to each style). Unfortunately it appears that script is not executed in an HS4 setup compared to a HS3 setup. You can check the script for your style and manually copy the files where the line starts with mklink from html/images/HomeSeer/status to html/images/apcupsd/status
    Yes unfortunately that script creating the symbolic links is not running in HS4 last I checked / tried to debug. Copying the icons is the ‘manual’ solution for this.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    On this one it looks like you haven't installed the APCUPSD driver.

Compare the Device Manager views you posted in post 11 with the one in post 17. Under the 'Batteries' category, the earlier one says 'American Power Conversion USB UPS (Apcupsd)', which means you've got the Apcupsd driver there. On the later one, it says 'HID UPS Battery', which indicates either a generic driver from Windows or possibly from APC PowerChute.

Leave a comment:

• Sheriff
    replied
    Hi Zwolf, sorry to bother you on this holiday eve, but I have a related issue. The previous exchange was on a different system which worked perfectly. Now I am on another system and trying to duplicate the setup. I think I have all the parameters correct as shown below, but I still have COMMLOST in the APCTRAY. The hostname is correct, port is 3551 and cables are connected. Any suggestions exalted APC wizard?

Click image for larger version  Name:	APC.png Views:	0 Size:	149.0 KB ID:	1583039

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Good that its working.

I believe Apctray starts automatically (it's been several years since I last set it up). Apctray isn't required for the HS plugin to work though. Apctray just reads from the main apcupsd process, same way the HS plugin does.

http://www.apcupsd.org/manual/#apctray

Leave a comment:

• Sheriff
    replied
    Whoops, one more question. Will the APC tray automatically load on a reboot?

Leave a comment:

• Sheriff
    replied
    Thank you zwolf for your time and patience. I now have apctray available and full of data. HS has a device and seems to be reporting correctly.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    The device manager display looks good, that indicates the Apcupsd driver is installed correctly.

Only one of Apcupsd / Powerchute can work at the same time; the USB interface can't be shared between the two.

You should be able to start the Apctray application from Windows Start Menu: Start-> Apcupsd->Apctray

The HS apcupsd plugin works very similarly to this Apctray application. Once Apctray indicates online, we can start looking at the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• Sheriff
    replied
    Any more thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Sheriff
    replied
    Doesn’t have the plug icon. There is a power chute icon in the tray, but opening it up says power source unknown and there's no connection. Device mgr has an APC USB in the battery folder, but no obvious APC device in the Human interface folder.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Ok then, is the Apctray app reporting properly?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sheriff
    replied
    Yes, apcupsd installed, uninstalled, reinstalled. Cables correct. No connection??

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Did you install apcupsd itself?
    http://www.apcupsd.org/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X