This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
    Please ignore happy faces should be colon p, but the forum autocorrect changes it to happy faces.

ip:user: password
    I don't care what you say. That is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post

This is a username & password that needs to be added for the card (PCNET) to the APCUPSD (pluggin) in order to login

The normal format as per APCUPSD is

IPaddress:usernameassword ""
      Does the apctray (client Windows application) ask to enter the username & password?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post

Does the apctray (client Windows application) ask to enter the username & password?
        When I wish to access the UPS I need to enter a username and password. I am currently using the pluggin on the Linux version of HS3.

Comment

The plugin doesn't communicate directly with the UPS, it only talks to the apcupsd daemon. The daemon is what needs to be configured to talk to your UPS. This is done by editing file /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf (Linux) or C:\apcupsd\etc\apcupsd\apcupsd.conf (Windows).

It appears that you are referring to UPSTYPE=pcnet, which would be set up in that file -- per the description therein:
          Code:
          # UPSTYPE   DEVICE           Description
          # pcnet     ipaddr:username:passphrase:port
          #                            PowerChute Network Shutdown protocol which can be
          #                            used as an alternative to SNMP with the AP9617
          #                            family of smart slot cards. ipaddr is the IP
          #                            address of the UPS management card. username and
          #                            passphrase are the credentials for which the card
          #                            has been configured. port is the port number on
          #                            which to listen for messages from the UPS, normally
          #                            3052. If this parameter is empty or missing, the
          #                            default of 3052 will be used.
          #
          Once you get apcupsd talking to the UPS, the plugin will connect to apcupsd and display the UPS data. The plugin doesn't need the username/password.

Comment

I wish to monitor this PCNET ups as a secondary ups. I already have my local ups set-up in apcupsd, I don't think I can add more than one ups to apcupsd? The pluggin can only talk to apcupsd servers?

Comment

The plugin can monitor more than one UPS - I'm monitoring two. To add another one, go to Plugins->APCUPSD->Configuration, then click on 'Create Instance' button.

Have you read over the plugin help file? According to that, the plugin "Retrieves UPS information from APCUPSD or NUT software which must be running on target computers".

Comment

Correct the plugin can monitor mutliple UPSes (I monitor 4 of them). The plugin connects to the APCSUPSD or NUT service which can run other machines or one been local to the HS3 server. As zwolfpack mentions you need to configure the apcupsd instance with the username/password to connect to your pcnet. Once that is configure one or more clients (like apctray, this plugin, etc) can connect to the acpupsd instance running on a host and listening to connections on port 3551 typically (which does not require a username/password from what I have seen).

Comment

I know the HS3 pluggin can monitor multiple UPS's, my question was can you run multiple instances of APCUPSD on the same Linux machine,one monitoring the local UPS, and the other monitoring the PCNet pluggin UPS?

Comment

Doable, though a bit involved: https://wiki.debian.org/apcupsd#Conf...UPS_Devices.29

Comment

FYI, I posted a new Beta

Comment

About a month or so ago (could have been longer) my APCUPSD plugin is reporting that it has a status of "COMMLOST". When I go to the manage plug-in drop-down list it has next to APCUPSD a message that says "See plug-in config". Did an update to the plug-in cause the need for setting to change change?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffj35290 View Post
                          About a month or so ago (could have been longer) my APCUPSD plugin is reporting that it has a status of "COMMLOST". When I go to the manage plug-in drop-down list it has next to APCUPSD a message that says "See plug-in config". Did an update to the plug-in cause the need for setting to change change?
                          No. Are you using a APCUSD or NUT to connect to the UPS? Is the COMMLOST the value of an HS3 device (UPS status flag device for example) or coming somewhere else? There is a COMMLOST status reported in the status flag device to indicate that the communication between APCUPSD and the UPS has been lost. Is this still the case? Check the cable between the UPS and your computer as well as the status of the APCUPSD client typically in the system tray in Windows.

The ‘see plug-in config’ in the Plug-in>Manage page is displayed by HS3 for multi-instance plugins like the APCUPSD (And not new new), i.e. the plugin can manage multiple UPS each with a different instance name all managed by the same plugin. To view the APCUPSD plug-in status page use the menu PLUG-IN>APCUPSD>Status. This will give you an overview of the status of your UPS known to the plugin (i.e. reported to it by APCUPSD or NUT).

Comment

I am getting this COMMLOST message botg from the plug-in and from APCUSD itself. When I had PowerChute up and running it reported properly, so it's not the cable. Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                              I am getting this COMMLOST message botg from the plug-in and from APCUSD itself. When I had PowerChute up and running it reported properly, so it's not the cable. Ideas?
                              When installing APCUPSD you need to load a specific driver. When loaded correctly, it appears in Windows Device Manager as shown below.

I'm even more confused now that you say the plugin was reporting properly when you were running PowerChute. There must be something going on that I don't understand. Perhaps you should post screen shots of your plugin configuration lest I continue making incorrect assumptions...

Attached Files

Comment

From the APCUPSD documentation, http://www.apcupsd.org/manual/manual...r-installation

USB connected UPSes on Windows require a special driver. In most cases, this driver is automatically installed when you install Apcupsd. However in some cases you may need to install the driver manually. For detailed instructions, please see the install.txt file located in the driver folder of your Apcupsd install.

Comment

Working...
                                X