BLTED Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLTED Plans

Here is what I have planned for the BLTED plugin.

- support for multiple gateways
    - multiple devices will be created for various values for each MTU in a gateway.

I am sure yet how I am going to do the devices.

Give me some feedback on what you want to see
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

One of the guys at the local Ham radio club has a TED 5000 and I have HS. He is a pro installer of IP Cameras and Networking Systems. A few months ago we were playing around showing each other what we could do and talking about what we could do if they worked together.

We felt the following would be useful from what I remember and not all directly related to HS but might inspire some ideas so I will mention them anyway:

1. Email Notifications if you are armed away and power usage exceeded a certain level (so you could shut something off remotely if you have that capability).

2. Email Notification if a certain input had low or no usage (your refrig, pool pump, whole house outage etc).

3. Some people might want to be able to start non time essential things (such as pool pump) when the total usage was below a certain level and kill the pool pump if they approached a certain level because of billing tiers based on peak usage.

4. Monitor a generator circuit and get notifications or log of run time and test starts.

5. Have events for load shedding. This was based on a conversation about when utilities ask people to cut back because they are having trouble meeting demand. So the events would be triggered by manual input (because of the notification) but could be based on set levels from TED5000 (i.e. shed these devices if usage is above abc and then shed these devices if usage is still above def).

6. Adjust AC setting if daily usage exceeds abc. But also could be used based on the notifications in item 5 above.

I might see the guy next week. If I do I will see if we can come with more specific ideas now that there is going to be a plug in for sure. At the moment he is not interested in HS as the HS Touch was unimpressive compared to the GUI in TED5000. He understands that they are separate animals but he did not get the WOW factor from the HS Touch default application and he wasn't interested in dealing with the buginess he saw we were playing with my system (the app crashing when you tried to pull up weather, the slow response when you turned on a light etc, the inconsistent screens for lights (now fixed by Rich), and how for many screens you have to back to home and start over as they are missing the back buttons. He said he has seen more impressive GUI's from Honeywell and others that some of his clients use. I am trying to convince him to branch into the automation and alarm avenues since he already does networks and IP Cameras for small commercial and residential.

Comment

Blade,

Will this work with TED Pro.

Comment

Not sure. If it has the same xml display as the TED5000 then it should
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Blade

I will test it sometime this week to see if will work.

Thanks

Greg

Comment

Blade,

I finally got Ted pro up and running.

I see that the BLTED is make the IP connect ok, but no data is returning.

The BLTED plugin is going to expire today, I don't want to buy it until I know it will work. could you extend my trial period for another 15 days until we get it to work.

also here is the log.

Thanks

Greg Mack
            Attached Files

Comment

I cannot extend licenses. You will have to talk to HST for this.
              I doubt the Pro version will work as the plugin is now
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Blade,

Could you look at above log file and see if it is difficult to add ted pro to BLTED.

I willing to work with you

Thanks

Greg

Comment

It is trying to get this URL from the TED which does not exist for the Pro version

http://192.168.1.20:80/api/LiveData.xml

I have the documents for the Pro version but I have not had time to go through them.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Blade,

Email me the documentation, I will give all the URL you will need to make this work.

Thanks

Greg

Comment

Try this address:

http://192.168.1.7/api/DashData.xml?T=0&D=255&M=1

Make sure you specify the IP address of your TED Pro and make sure to specify the MTU you want --- &M=1

Show me what you get back from this, if anything.

Email me directly with what you see.
                      Last edited by Blade; August 30, 2014, 09:07 AM.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Wish List for TED Plugin

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                        Here is what I have planned for the BLTED plugin.

- support for multiple gateways
                        - multiple devices will be created for various values for each MTU in a gateway.

I am sure yet how I am going to do the devices.

Give me some feedback on what you want to see

Hello Bob,

Great to see that you are taking on keeping this capability alive in Homeseer for the TED 5000 series of monitors. I did download the trial version (into HS3) and was able to connect to my dual gateway setup very easily and after a short while data was available in the report. Unless I am missing something, is that's the extent of what the plug-in can do at this time? Please advise if there is more that I should try or look for

Since I thought support for the TED was dead with Homeseer I set out to craft a VB script that would connect to my two gateways ( 8 MTUs) and 'mine' the data need to create devices and events based on collected data. That has been in use for about 6 months now and I have it working in HS3 without too much trouble. I am still on HS2 waiting for a TED 5000 plug-in and a CADDX security plug-in. You are on the road to getting me 50% closer to moving completely to HS3.

The wish list...
                        1. Don't reinvent the Foorprints software supplied by TED. Allow us to continue to configure our gateways and MTUs using footprints. We are all quite adept at setting up our systems with footprints. No need to add complexity.
                        2. Automatically detect how many MTUs I have per gateway. Create devices based on data you find in the XML file.
                        3. When naming the devices, use the names we assigned to the MTUs using footprints. Perhaps tag MTU devices by including a gateway designator in some way. Most users will have just the one gateway so maybe not needed.
                        4. Create a way to detect if an MTU is not reporting data and set status to 'offline' or something else relevent. Give me the ability to know t hat I have an MTU collection problem so I don't have to learn that I haven't been collecting data for the past three weeks when I look at monthy reports.
                        5. Consider leveraging the ability for a gateway to register a WiFi thermostat (allows for 1) and collect the data into thermostat devices. Automatically detect the thermostat
                        6. I am not sure if TED allows for control of the regsitered thermostat but if so, then create the ability in the plug-in.
                        7. Consider an interface to export collected data in formats that can easily front-end a charting or report tool to create trend reports.
                        8. Consider a setup page to include (check off boxes) other metrics contained in the XML such as hourly,daily, weekly, & monthly usage.
                        9. Be sure to provide capability allow for negative numbers when measuring co-generation production as from solar arrays.

I am sure I can think of other wishes but that should be enough for now.

regards, -Cliff

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

BLTED allows you to add gateways to the plugin and will figure out how many MTUs are attached and then capture the data based on your polling frequency. It will create devices in HS3 and populate the data for you. You can change these device names to whatever you want.

The plugin is fairly new. I do not have a TED system but I thought I would write it because I know several people required it for the move to HS3.

For feature requests please use my web site and add the feature requests on there so I can track them. I do have a number of feature requests to do so I cannot guarantee a time when they will be done but I did manage to get out a few requests last week.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

I will have to check again but on first inspection did not see any new devices created. I will move the items from my wish list over to your web site. I am interested in helping you test updates if needed.

-Cliff

Comment

It should be creating devices

I am working on adding the TED Pro to the plugin right now
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X