No announcement yet.

the Current Cost plug-in is available here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll suggest that to Rick but I believe the plugin is stable at the moment.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Enhancement request - SQL Server data storage

Is there any chance the plug-in could be enhanced to allow the data to be stored in Microsoft SQL server as well as SQL Lite? Not both at the same time just a simple checkbox for the preferred data storage.

Microsoft SQL express editions with the advanced features includes SQL reporting services. This would allow myself and others familiar with SSRS(SQL Server Reporting Services) to build great looking reports based on the data captured by the CC system/plug-in.

I can write an extract program using C# to dump to .csv from SQL Lite and push's the data to SQL Server but having the option in the plug-in would take out an extra step and give greater flexability.

I already purchased the plug-in and waiting on my shipment for the hardware.
      Thank
      Ron T.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        I didn't see any posting of a new version released here by anyone.. (.46 comes to mind)
        I agree if all is working correctly, there may be no reason to upgrade unless a feature has been fixed. In my second evaluation of .45 after a day or so, I started seeing drop outs in the plotting. Again, I went back to .42 and it never re-appeared.
        I had specifically gone to the CC forum to see if an update was posted - to no avail...

Our late friend Jim Doolittle had a great forum sticky which would be updated upon any new release of his plugin. More so, you could see in the release notes what changes were made so you could evaluate whether or not to upgrade. In this case, it's hit or miss.

Perhaps it's the structure I'm looking for...

Robert
        We post the betas in the forum and releases to the updater. I posted the first few versions I worked on in the forum which started this thread. The updater is where new versions of HomeSeer plug-ins can be found. I will try to post a comment or update this thread when there is a new version in the updater.

There is yet to be ANY drop-outs traced back to the plug-in. In every case it is a system problem be it USB power management, or strangely enough Kaspersky Antivirus. If you are experiencing drop-outs and are actively engaged with us in capturing debug logs and other items to try to isolate the issue, then there is no reason to believe you will not be able to find the cause.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by technerd View Post
          Is there any chance the plug-in could be enhanced to allow the data to be stored in Microsoft SQL server as well as SQL Lite? Not both at the same time just a simple checkbox for the preferred data storage.

Microsoft SQL express editions with the advanced features includes SQL reporting services. This would allow myself and others familiar with SSRS(SQL Server Reporting Services) to build great looking reports based on the data captured by the CC system/plug-in.

I can write an extract program using C# to dump to .csv from SQL Lite and push's the data to SQL Server but having the option in the plug-in would take out an extra step and give greater flexability.

I already purchased the plug-in and waiting on my shipment for the hardware.
          Thank
          Ron T.
          No, we don't have the resources available to support two databases, and SQLite is SO much easier and hassle-free to use over anything from MS, I will stick with that one. Many of the reporting systems out there support generic SQL databases or even specifically SQLite. If you google SQLite Reporting you will find a lot of resources. If none of them are to your liking, I can much more easily produce a call in the plug-in that will export the data to a CSV file than I can to add another database engine, so request that if none of the reporting tools are ones you like.
          Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by elbarto71 View Post
            log file at start hs:
            26/08/2010 00:26:00 Current Cost Error, SQL Exception adding record to the history database: SQLite error8 values for 7 columns, Code=Error, Link=
            26/08/2010 00:26:00 Current Cost Error adding a record to the history database - see the log for more details.
            26/08/2010 00:26:00
            H2O CONSO ******ENREGISTREMENT NOUVELLES DONNEES H2O CONSO******

26/08/2010 00:26:07
            Web Server Web Server authorized local login successful from: 192.168.1.******
            There must be a localization option that is causing an issue with the SQL insertion. It could be that you have commas in your number formats or extra apostrophies in dates or something else like that - I will take a look at it and see if I can find that.
            Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
              We post the betas in the forum and releases to the updater. I posted the first few versions I worked on in the forum which started this thread. The updater is where new versions of HomeSeer plug-ins can be found. I will try to post a comment or update this thread when there is a new version in the updater.
              Thank you.

There is yet to be ANY drop-outs traced back to the plug-in. In every case it is a system problem be it USB power management, or strangely enough Kaspersky Antivirus. If you are experiencing drop-outs and are actively engaged with us in capturing debug logs and other items to try to isolate the issue, then there is no reason to believe you will not be able to find the cause.
              The only time I've seen a drop-out was with .45. I did not experience any with other versions including since yesterday - .46.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

There must be a localization option that is causing an issue with the SQL insertion. It could be that you have commas in your number formats or extra apostrophies in dates or something else like that - I will take a look at it and see if I can find that.
                Try 47 - it will not fix the problem, but it will show the SQL going into the log so I can see the error and fix it.
                Regards,

Comment

Formal request for .csv ouput

No, we don't have the resources available to support two databases, and SQLite is SO much easier and hassle-free to use over anything from MS, I will stick with that one. Many of the reporting systems out there support generic SQL databases or even specifically SQLite. If you google SQLite Reporting you will find a lot of resources. If none of them are to your liking, I can much more easily produce a call in the plug-in that will export the data to a CSV file than I can to add another database engine, so request that if none of the reporting tools are ones you like.
                  This is my formal request for .csv output from the plug-in.
                  This will allow the data to be analyzed by 3rd party application as well as pushing/pulling the data into other Databases.

Thanks
                  Ron T.

Comment

I am in the same boat and have my Summer and Winter rate tables set up. It is in the event actions - Current Cost - you will find an action to activate a rate table. So, I have my system set up to activate a particular rate table at midnight on the day the rate takes effect the two times a year that the rates change. You can add a condition of a date and use the "Y" wildcard to indicate "any year". So for example if a rate table takes effect May 1st, then set an event to trigger at midnight, and add a condition that the date is 5/1/Y and you will be all set.
                    I have a rate which is low for the first 1500 KW and then increases for the balance of the KW consumed in a 3 month quarterly billing cycle.

Any suggestions how I can use the rate tables and the table select to reset to the low table at start of the billing cycle, test consumed KW until 1500KW and then change the rate table to the higher rate until the 3 months is up, and then go again. Can I do this with events or do I need to script it?

cheers,
                    Phil

Comment

Originally posted by psampson View Post
                      I have a rate which is low for the first 1500 KW and then increases for the balance of the KW consumed in a 3 month quarterly billing cycle.

Any suggestions how I can use the rate tables and the table select to reset to the low table at start of the billing cycle, test consumed KW until 1500KW and then change the rate table to the higher rate until the 3 months is up, and then go again. Can I do this with events or do I need to script it?

cheers,
                      Phil
                      I have set up two rate tables called High and Low. Then created an event at the start of each quarter using date 1/3/Y,1/6/Y,1/9/Y,1/12/Y and action to change to rate table High. Created another event that is triggered by KWH change point , in your case either 1500 or 1501. I tried using greater than but this triggered the event every 10 seconds or so once 1500 or greater was reached. Latest event has set this to equel to 1500. So far event has only been trigered once. Not saying this is the only way of doing it but in my case so far so good.
                      Hope that helps,
                      Jo

Comment

Hi Jo,

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for spelling it out, I'll try the same thing. I think it will be close enough for me. I was originally factoring in usage and the two rates into one rate table averaged. You way would be much closer. I will hit the rate change every quarter so this will be very useful.

After that my only extra charge on the bill is call SAC service access charge of 48c/day.

cheers,
                        Phil

Comment

Last Month's day missing

I am sure someone else noticed already but the same day of LAST MONTH
                          does never show up on the Month vs Last Month chart! For example Aug 2 shows no graph bar today (Sept 2).

quite "annoying" !

Comment

Is this what you mean?

Today is 6th Septmeber and the red bar for 6th August has gone missing. This will re-appear together with today's (6th Sept) usage after midnight. I accept that today's usage cannt be displayed but last month's is already known and leaved a temporary gap in the chart.

Jo

Comment

Great plug in!

Really impressed with this plugin. It worked straight out of the box!

I'm using it in the uk with the current cost meter which I got free from my eneregy supplier EON.

EON have tiered tarriffs:

Normal units up to 900 kWhs per year
                              24.234 pence
                              Normal units
                              10.2585 pence per kWh

How can I set this up in the plugin?

Comment

yes that is what I meant...annoying in that I never would be able to print out last month's graph with a day missing

Originally posted by Jo View Post
                                Is this what you mean?

Today is 6th Septmeber and the red bar for 6th August has gone missing. This will re-appear together with today's (6th Sept) usage after midnight. I accept that today's usage cannt be displayed but last month's is already known and leaved a temporary gap in the chart.

Jo

Comment

Working...
                                X