Default Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Rate

The default rate stays .13 no matter what I do to change it. I have tried creating a table with that rate for all fields but the plugin is not using .17. I even changed it manually in the currentcost.ini file for default to be .17.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The default rate never changes, the plugin uses the tables rates. This is a bit confusing but as long as the table shows the correct rate you should be set.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have the same problem

You say that the table rates are used in calculations and displays? But why is the Device Name 'Energy Cost Per KWH' always showing 0.13? When I read this device using a script with the DeviceValue function I always get 130?? I need ro read the rate reading that I have set. Is this possible?

Comment

Does anyone know the answer to the question above? I'm seeing the same behavior. Even though I changed all of the rates in the grid on the config screen, the device still shows .13 for the Energy Cost Per KWH.

Comment

See the note. (Used when creating a new table, or for any values in the rate table that are blank.)
          otherwise the values in the tables are used.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok so the device is displaying the default value. Now I'm clear. Thanks.

Comment

Actually it turns out that I had to update the default table rather than creating a new rate table. Once I did this the Energy Cost Per KWH device showed the proper value.

Comment

I also uncovered what I think is a bug in the plugin. If I select a different rate table and then restart homeseer, it reverts back to the default table.

Comment

I know it's been over a year but i just got the envi device. I'm seeing the same thing. My custom tables are ignored and the default is always used. Is this a bug? Anybody else out there using this? Thanks.

Comment

Ok, i just confirmed that this is a bug. The only way to change the table used is to go to the ini file and change it there, then restart HS. Works fine like that.

Comment

Be sure to submit a helpdesk bug report ticket

Originally posted by Silentcossack View Post
                      Ok, i just confirmed that this is a bug. The only way to change the table used is to go to the ini file and change it there, then restart HS. Works fine like that.
                      At the top of the screen hover on "Support" then click on "Report a bug". Otherwise HS won't know to fix it.
                      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
                      X