Incorrect data retrieved by plugin from IAMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect data retrieved by plugin from IAMs

I am seeing data reported by the Current Cost Envi plugin that is incorrect when compared with the Current Cost Envi's display and the expected values.

The problem appears to be restricted to the data retrieved from the Envi device that originates from IAMs. I have two IAMs installed which are happily reporting their data to the Envi device. At the moment, both appliances are switched off and are not consuming any power (as expected and reported by the Envi device).

The problem is that the Current Cost Envi plugin is reporting the following information:

Current Cost Sensor 1
    =================
    Realtime Usage All Channels(KW): 32.767 kW
    Realtime Usage Channel 1(watts): 0 W
    Realtime Usage Channel 2(watts): 0 W
    Realtime Usage Channel 3(watts): 32767 W

Current Cost Sensor 2
    =================
    Realtime Usage All Channels(KW): 69.629 kW
    Realtime Usage Channel 1(watts): 4095 W
    Realtime Usage Channel 2(watts): 32767 W
    Realtime Usage Channel 3(watts): 32767 W

As far as I can tell all these values should be reported as 0W.

These values aren't changing from minute to minute. They were originally much lower (appearing to be the last non-zero values reported by the IAMs) but later changed to the above mentioned values after the appliances had been switched off for hours.

Note: 4095 and 32767 are significant numbers in the binary system (being 111111111111 and 111111111111111 respectively) which I think adds weight to my belief that this is a bug in the plugin.

The plugin appears to report the correct data when the appliances plugged into the IAMs are actually switched on. I believe the problem only occurs when the appliances are using 0W of power.

The bug is preventing me from telling when these appliances have finished working as when they drop to 0W of power usage, the plugin starts reporting wrong values.

I have not had any problems with the data being reported by the main sensor in the four or five months I have been using it. All the data for the main sensor has been conistent with Current Cost Envi's display. Which would suggest the drivers etc. are working correctly.

Any chance of a fix for this bug?

I've just connected 6 IAMs to my Envi, and they all report correctly when there is something plugged into the IAM and using power, but when unplugged, that channel sticks at the level it was when being used, it doesn't drop to 0.

This looks like the same problem that scorbett has reported, the Envi is reporting the right numbers, but the plug-in isn't

Comment

Hi,

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem because I am having the same issue and have have a few scripts and events that trigger when certain appliances stop using electricity and therefore the iam drops to 0 but now my events won't fire because nothing actually drops to 0 anymore. It was all working fine in plugin .53 has something change in the .57 beta?

Comment

Is .57 a beta? Its in the updater as the current version.

It still doesn't work with the IAM data, I have a stack of things on hold until it works, but now thinking about using the alternative script or plug-in if we can't get the HS one to work

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelD View Post
          Is .57 a beta? Its in the updater as the current version.

It still doesn't work with the IAM data, I have a stack of things on hold until it works, but now thinking about using the alternative script or plug-in if we can't get the HS one to work
          Yeah that's the one I'm using, I tried going back to an earlier version but I still have the same problem. To get round it at the moment I'm using the plugin and a script to poll the data from the unit. This of course means two lots of data but I like and use the projected usage from the plugin as it's great for the waf factor.

Comment

Working...
          X