Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC devices in HS

Hi,

I managed to get my CC working with HS yesterday. I have to say that getting the USB cable working took quite some time.

The plugin creates several devices but I couldn't see whether there is a device for overall usage. I would like to correlate the CC readings with my electricity meter's readings. Of course I could use indirect ways (e.g. summing up each month's usage), but I don't quite like this option, because I already save electricity, water and energy usage each month and I would need to change my scripts and so on. So, is there a way to retrive the overall usage from CC?

Best regards,
    Jari

There is a history output from the device every two hours in an XML format that logs (from memory) 90 days, 84 months and something like 700 hour periods for each sensor. I don't think that there is any support for reading the data in the HS plugin (two schools of thought - the history data does not show which day/date so if you disconnected the Envi for any period you could end up with gaps in the data but the Envi would not see them).

Comment

The CC internal clock drifts badly, the HS plugin uses HS time when storing the data.

I have been doing some work correlating the CC data to the meter; on average my CC readings are about -10% compared to the meter.

I know that some of the error is due to the voltage in my area varying between 120-125 volts over the day (CC is assuming 120 in North America), but this does not explain all of the discrepancy.

I am collecting raw data for a simple regression based on raw hourly usage which seems promising but needs more data and analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
        Hi,

I managed to get my CC working with HS yesterday. I have to say that getting the USB cable working took quite some time.

The plugin creates several devices but I couldn't see whether there is a device for overall usage. I would like to correlate the CC readings with my electricity meter's readings. Of course I could use indirect ways (e.g. summing up each month's usage), but I don't quite like this option, because I already save electricity, water and energy usage each month and I would need to change my scripts and so on. So, is there a way to retrive the overall usage from CC?

Best regards,
        Jari
        The second device created should be the total. It's name is Realtime Usage All Channels(KW)
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My clock drifts also badly. It's now 14 min (in one day) behind the actual time.

Rupp, the 2nd device is indeed Realtime Usage All Channels(KW) but I would like to get the overall usage in kWh (not in kW). Is this possible?

Comment

KWh is a function of time an this is calculated in the field Actual Usage - Today(KWH)
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I know there is actual usage today and month but I would need the total consumption. I may consider a pulse counter which I can hook to the electricity meter. As Mark42 pointed out CC is not very accurate. In fact I had a pulse reader but my power company changed the meter to a smart meter which gives pulses but they are too short for mypulse counter.

Comment

Well yes the CC clock is quite useless, but the CC device itself does do exactly what it was designed to do, it provides a cost effective way for most people to monitor their energy usage in a relative way.

Any CT based instrument will suffer from some level of inaccuracy. The CC is easy to install because it makes assumptions about the voltage; other CT instruments do actually measure the voltages but cost more to purchase and install.

From what I have seen, the CC appears to be repeatable and so it should be possible to correlate it to the actual meter. Without question though, if you have a usable output from the meter, that is definitely the best option.

While there is some movement here to install smart(er) meters, there does not seem to be any movement to provide the customer with real time data. My water meter was just 'upgraded' to provide an RF output to reduce the utility costs of 'reading' the meter, but the data is not accessible by the customer.

Comment

Working...
                X