Can you have tiered rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you have tiered rates?

In Northern CA we have tiered rates based on how much power we use not time.

Is there a way to increase the rates in the plug in as the use increases?
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

I also have tiered rates. I was holding off purchasing the unit because I could not find any information that shows it does support tiered rates. I hope someone replies.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

By tiered rates do you men different rates at different hours throughout the day? If so yes this plugin supports this. Also every plugin comes with a free 30 day trial so download and experiment.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

In my case, the rate is determined by how much power I use during the month. For example the first 300KWH is 12 cents per KWH, from 301KWH to ---KWH is 9 cents per KWH and so on. I currently use a Black and Decker power meter that uses optics to monitor the spinning disk of the AC meter from the power company. It works ok but I can't monitor it in Homeseer and the batteries need to be replaced quite often.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

I am in the same boat, my utility charges one rate up to 900 Kw and a different amount over that.

I see in the plugin you can adjust by time of day, but it seems a lot of utilites charge rates based on usage especially on the east coast.

Is this a feature request we can make for the plugin? I also emailed current cost Thursday and they have not gotten back to me on this

Comment

Working...
          X