Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CurrentCost - Duplicate Device Keys?

Hey all,

For some reason, something happened to my CurrentCost setup and I now have "duplicate device keys". I have two of each entry, and one always shows up with "unknown" status.

How do I fix this?

Here's the log files:

6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: Current Cost on COM port 46/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 8 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 53 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 14 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 4 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 12 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 13 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 6 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 18 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 52 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 19 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 15 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 11 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 1 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 3 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 17 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 16 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 10 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 7 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Error, duplicate device key for Sensor 0, Device ID 2 was found. The wrong device may be updated when the data changes.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Current Cost Startup Complete.6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Current Cost6/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Initializing Current Cost on COM port 46/10/2012 12:35:42 AM Current Cost Opening COM port at 57600 for newer Envi units

So you have two devices for all of the devices the plugin creates? I would delete the ones that show unknow for starters.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Update and a subsequent issue

Hi Rupp,

Sorry - I know it's been a while. I did as you suggested and it worked for a while, but then the problem kept reoccuring. In fact, as of last week, I had a "current cost main sensor", and "current cost sensor 2" (or something similar), "current cost sensor 4" and "current cost sensor 8", and I'm not sure if any of them were actually working properly. And I had duplicate devices since I had a full set under each (although at best one set was working).

I only had this problem after I migrated my HomeSeer to a virtual environment (Windows XP guest on a VMware ESXi host). I was also using a USB server (connected via IP via the network) to access Current Cost (but I was doing the same thing for my PLM2413U as well as an AD2USB device without any issue).

I've now "physicalized" my solution again and have reinstalled HomeSeer Pro on a physical Windows 7 box. I've migrated my configurations and everything has been great thus far, except my Current Cost config was still out of whack. I reinstalled and configured the plugin and HomeSeer sees the current cost fine (opens up the COM port, etc).

In an effort to "start fresh", I deleted all of the Current Cost devices completely. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to get them back. I reinstalled the plugin but that didn't work. I also completely uninstalled the plugin and installed the plugin fresh again, but surprisingly that didn't work.

What's the best/easiest way to get a fresh set of CurrentCost devices to populate? I'm hoping once I have a fresh set that I won't run into any more issues on my Windows 7 physical box installation.

Thanks!
      Ken

Comment

I think you did the right things, but the order may be a little off:

Disable the plugin from the Setup->Interfaces tab.
        Shutdown Homeseer.
        Uninstall the plugin from add/remove programs in control panel.
        Make sure there is not an HSPI_CURRENTCOST.dll in the HomeSeer folder.
        Crank up Homeseer and manually remove the devices.
        Reinstall the plugin.

See if that will work for you...
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions.

I just tried exactly as you suggested, step by step, and it still does not reinstall the devices.

I think it still somehow knows it was previously installed because on installation, it keeps defaulting now to COM6 (which is the corrected port), even though I've removed everything I can find.

I've also searched for any files that have the words "currentcost" and have renamed them to "currentcost-old" (after uninstalling and before reinstalling).

Perhaps there is something in the main configuration MDB file that the plugin sees and thus does not try to reinstall the devices? I believe that's where the devices themselves are stored but I could be wrong.

Not sure where else to look here...

Comment

Yeah, that plugin uses the MSI installer, which HST no longer recommends to use, possibly for this very reason. So, something is still hanging onto those devices.

One other place to check is the settings.ini file. Shutdown HS and see if there are any currentcost references in there.

Comment

Uninstalling actually removed the reference from the settings.ini file.

Surely there has to be something I can do in this case...

Rupp? Rich? Anyone?

Comment

Very strange. I wish I knew where else to look.

Comment

Try backing up and then deleting your current cost database and see if this solves this issue.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X