Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with latest Prolific USB-to-serial comm port driver

Hi,

I updated the driver for the USB-comm port and it seems that the device cannot start at all and I get an error message "Current cost port failed to open" in the HS log. Old driver 3.3.2.102 seems to be fine but the latest one 3.4.36.247 doesn't seem to work for me. I'm running HS2 under 32-bit Win7SP1. I wonder whether anyone has had similar problems.

I'm on 3.3.2.105 and it is working. Based on your findings, I dont think I'll upgrade mine
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Seems like a silly question, but if it worked fine then what was the inspiration to upgrade?

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Yeah, I know you shouldn't touch a working system. The updated driver was on the Windows update list and I thought why not to update because the driver I am using is from 2008 so it seems to be quite old. I was just wondering whether anybody else has noticed same problem. Of course I could easily go back to the old driver.

Jari

Comment

Thats good to know about the windows update. I'll be sure to politely decline that update

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Thats good to know about the windows update. I'll be sure to politely decline that update
            Gotta love Windows updates!.. +1 on the decline list!!!!
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I check the sites including prolific for updates and apply them directly from the manufacturer. I have 3.4.36.247 as well I updated in July and its worked fine.

Sometimes the enumerator (Com 1, 2, 3) doesn't stick. So it may have been com3 originally but changed to com7 or something else. You will want to check all of the settings in in device manager (especially advanced settings) when you upgrade. I don't recall these changing specifically for prolific but it has happened to me in the past when updating drivers in general
              Paul

Comment

prolific

Hi,
                I have the problem from one day.
                I have windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP 32-bit and this is the same problem.
                I am looking for a solution.
                It's still weird!
                it should be updated.

Comment

I made an update of my driver to install that version 3.4 under windows 7 64bit.
                  This version is a problem.
                  I uninstall the driver.
                  I deleted the file C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ ser2pl64.sys (version 3.4).
                  In this way Windows does not reinstalled this version.
                  I installed version 3.0.10.
                  It works!!!

Comment

HELP !!! where can I find the driver ? all I find is the new one which will not work

Thanks
                    Geary
                    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                      HELP !!! where can I find the driver ? all I find is the new one which will not work

Thanks
                      Geary
                      I have the original install from the screenshot above - I can put it on my dropbox, just let me know...

Comment

Do the ones list here not work?
                        http://store.homeseer.com/store/Powe...-P903C205.aspx

Look for the Driver Installer (all OS's) link.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I had several issues as well installing the drivers. I ended up following the instructions and using the drivers here. This worked for all of my Prolific USB-Serial adapters including current cost. I am on Windows 2008 64-bit.

http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/news37.html
                          Last edited by zakrzep; October 2, 2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

New driver 3.4.42.258

Just checked my driver since I remembered a recent update. The version is 3.4.42.258 dated 11/12/2012 and works fine on my windows7 64 bit machine. Maybe this version has solved some of the recent problems.

Comment

Where do I find this driver? mine is 3.4.36.247 26/07/12
                              I dit the latest win7 64bit update
                              renaatdb

Comment

Working...
                              X