Plug In Not Logging Data - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug In Not Logging Data - Solved!

I've apparently lost data transmission to my HomeSeer Current Cost Plug In.

Com Port OK.

HomeSeer Log reports no problems.

Base Unit receiving Data from Electrical Panel Sensors.

Any help on what to try next is, as always, much appreciated.

Thank you.

I've just noticed the same problem here. Seems to have stopped logging on 2-13-13 and like you the base is still getting data from the sensor. Hs Professional Edition 2.5.0.49 - Currentcost 1.0.0.61

Anyone?

Comment

Try renaming your database and let it create a new one and see if it starts logging again.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Try renaming your database and let it create a new one and see if it starts logging again.
        Do you mean the ENTIRE HSPRO database?

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolfod View Post
          Do you mean the ENTIRE HSPRO database?

Thanks for your reply.
          No the database that belongs to the plugin.

Comment

No the database that belongs to the plugin.
            I didn't see anywhere to do that in the Plug-in, or HSPRO itself, so I shut down HSPRO, and went to the Current Cost Directory under HSPRO/DATA and renamed the database there, from "History.db" to "History1.db".

Upon restarting HSPRO, it looks like a new "History.db" was created.

Unfortunately, still no data logging.
            Last edited by mwolfod; March 4, 2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Mine gets like this after running a few days. I've had to shutdown HS, power off/on the base unit, reboot the HS PC and allow HS to restart and it usually comes right back.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I wonder if the cable connecting the unit to HomeSeer is bad?

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Mine gets like this after running a few days. I've had to shutdown HS, power off/on the base unit, reboot the HS PC and allow HS to restart and it usually comes right back.
                  Yes, that used to work for me, but not this time after repeated shut-down/reboot cycles.

Comment

I wonder if the cable connecting the unit to HomeSeer is bad?
                    That was among my first thoughts, but wouldn't HomeSeer and/or the plug-in, report a communication problem?

Comment

Another way to see if you are getting data from the base unit is to shutdown HS and open the com port using putty or hyperterminal. You should get XML coming through every 9 seconds or so.
                      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                        Another way to see if you are getting data from the base unit is to shutdown HS and open the com port using putty or hyperterminal. You should get XML coming through every 9 seconds or so.
                        I'm running Windows 7 64, thus I don't have Hyperterminal.

I cannot seem to get Putty to work. Specifically, when I click on "Open" in the Serial Port configuration area nothing happens. I believe a window is supposed to open??

Comment

Try the C2 terminal application from here, should do the same thing

http://www.currentcost.com/software-downloads.html

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            Try the C2 terminal application from here, should do the same thing

http://www.currentcost.com/software-downloads.html
                            Using that application, I had to switch the unit to a new port, at which point I finally got a "Port Opened" message. However, no other data is showing up in the terminal window.

And of course, no data still being logged by HomeSeer despite:

1) no errors reported in HS log

or

2) in the Port Status in Win7 64 Device Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolfod View Post
                              Using that application, I had to switch the unit to a new port, at which point I finally got a "Port Opened" message. However, no other data is showing up in the terminal window.

And of course, no data still being logged by HomeSeer despite:

1) no errors reported in HS log

or

2) in the Port Status in Win7 64 Device Manager.
                              Sounds like your hardware has an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X