America IAM's available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America IAM's available

Thinking about getting into the Current Cost thing and noticed that their partner site has IAM's now for $30.00. Has anyone purchased these yet and is there any reason why products from this site would not work with our setup's.

Its listed as a partner site but the page says Powersave on top so just curious if anyone has done any business with them.

Tks

forgot the link

http://www.currentcost.net/buynowmain.html
    Last edited by Mario23; February 11, 2013, 04:10 PM.
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
    Thinking about getting into the Current Cost thing and noticed that their partner site has IAM's now for $30.00. Has anyone purchased these yet and is there any reason why products from this site would not work with our setup's.

Its listed as a partner site but the page says Powersave on top so just curious if anyone has done any business with them.

Tks

forgot the link

http://www.currentcost.net/buynowmain.html
    I have two US IAMs that I got from PowerSave that I've had running for several months now and they work fine.
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Ok good to hear.

And if I'm reading correctly, I would need 1 c clamp sensor for each device I would want to monitor? Or 2 each for the larger stuff like A/C and pool pump?
      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Ok good to hear.

And if I'm reading correctly, I would need 1 c clamp sensor for each device I would want to monitor? Or 2 each for the larger stuff like A/C and pool pump?
        Yes, the first transmitter is usually used for monitoring the whole house, either 2-phase (most US) or 3-phase. The kit will come with two clamps. If you want to monitor other circuits from the breaker panel you would use a second (or more) transmitter - i.e. one that has one clamp for monitoring the 110v furnace blower or 3 clamps with one for the blower and two for the 220v A/C compressor (I use this 3-clamp setup for my HVAC). These are clamped around the wire(s) leading out of the breakers you want to monitor. Then the IAM's can be used for individual appliances, plugged in at the appliance location. They each show up as individual sensors on the Envi console.

FWIW
        Steve

Comment

I see. So the system will distinguish from the whole house monitoring and the individual monitoring rather than trying to add them together?

I definitely want to monitor whole house then add individual monitoring for HAVC, pool/heater, and several appliances.

Comment

I see. So the system will distinguish from the whole house monitoring and the individual monitoring rather than trying to add them together?

I definitely want to monitor whole house then add individual monitoring for HAVC, pool/heater, and several appliances.
            Right
            Steve

Comment

Great thanks for all the help!

Comment

Do I need to buy a kit with a display or can I just buy a transmitter a 2 clamps to get going and do the setup through HS? Part of me hates to waste the electricity on a display that I will not be using if I can report through HS Touch

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
                  Do I need to buy a kit with a display or can I just buy a transmitter a 2 clamps to get going and do the setup through HS? Part of me hates to waste the electricity on a display that I will not be using if I can report through HS Touch
                  The display is what receives the data from the transmitter and also provides the interface to your PC and HomeSeer. You need some kind of receiver.

FWIW
                  Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X