Current cost set up issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current cost set up issue

Event log = warning - current cost port failed to open - data is not being logged

How do I fix the com port issue?

Mine just goes quiet after running a few days. I have to physically remove the USB connection, power down the envi, restart HS, then power the envi back up.

Are you sure you have the right COM port selected?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Mine just goes quiet after running a few days.
      Have you checked to ensure the USB ports root isn't set to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the Power Management tab of the root hub.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is the initial set up, I am not sure which com port I was supposed to enter, where does it tell you which one to select?

Thanks

Joe

Comment

When you installed the drivers for the USB to serial device it should have created a new serial (com) port in your Device Manager listing. Right click on my Computer and select Manage. Once the Computer Management screen appears select Device Manager and look in the right panel for Ports (COM & LPT). Expand this and look to see what ports you have. It's typically named after the driver.

Comment

This is what happens when a non computer person tries to do something like this I guess. I only downloaded the plug-in. I didn't see where anything requested a driver be downloaded as well.

The current cost unit is sitting there working fine, I thought the plug-in would make it work with the trolled software.

I'll dig into this.

Thanks for the help!

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Have you checked to ensure the USB ports root isn't set to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the Power Management tab of the root hub.
              Yep - that is unchecked.
              It's a problem with the Envi - it just goes deaf after a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by jjanos View Post
                This is what happens when a non computer person tries to do something like this I guess. I only downloaded the plug-in. I didn't see where anything requested a driver be downloaded as well.

The current cost unit is sitting there working fine, I thought the plug-in would make it work with the trolled software.

I'll dig into this.

Thanks for the help!

Joe
                The driver is available here for the unit HomeSeer sells.
                http://store.homeseer.com/store/Powe...-P903C169.aspx

Comment

To be honest, the Current Cost USB cable is garbage. I recently helped someone with one of these, and the solution was to just build a TTL to Serial converter and attach it to Homeseer using a serial port. This solved all of the port and driver issues with that adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                    To be honest, the Current Cost USB cable is garbage. I recently helped someone with one of these, and the solution was to just build a TTL to Serial converter and attach it to Homeseer using a serial port. This solved all of the port and driver issues with that adapter.
                    Interesting... My assumption was it was the envi unit itself, but I may play around with another cable. Any links on where to get the parts?

Comment

I donno... I never had any cable problems with mine. I think I'm coming up to 3 years now. Just wish the plugin itself, would get a little attention...

Robert
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I wonder if the new cables are not as good a quality as the old ones as mine hasn't skipped a beat since day one. My transmitter box is the old square one though.

Comment

Re: Current cost set up issue

I found one at adafruit and ordered it. Will try it out and see.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I just recently got the EnviR and the unit works great. However I just got it hooked up to the HomeTroller this week using the Prolific USB to Serial cable. I have the plug-in installed and I can see the Prolific device & comm port setup as 7 for me in the "device manager".

I was getting a "warning - current cost port failed to open - data is not being logged, then after switching to the correct port (7), HS initialized & opened the plug-in on that port with a 57600 baud rate. However no info is being logged into the plug-in. I have restarted HS, the EnviR and disconnected & reconnected the cable.

Comment

Ok, I was using a peice of cat 5 to extend the connection. I connected the EnviR directly to the USB to serial cable and the log and status page shows a bunch of created devices associated with the EnvrR.

Although still no info being logged and the CurrentCost devices on the status page havn't updated since I initially plugged it in to the cable on the HomeTroller.

Comment

Working...
                              X