No devices.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No devices.....

FRESH install of HS2 on a fresh XP SP3 machine. Loading up plug-ins one at time. Got to Current Cost and everything looked like it installed. Enabled it in Setup, config'd it......all looked good. Went to Status and there are no devices. No Events either. Web page there but no data.

Tried process several times. Every time it goes without error. HS seems to be connecting/seeing ENVI on com4. ENVI is communicating with the sensor.

Any ideas why the devices and events don't load? Do I need the Include files perhaps? ????

SOLVED! POS cable..... It worked fine on my old machine. Would not work on new machine. Put it back on the old one and it works SOME of the time. Bad connection within the cable........
    Last edited by outbackrob; August 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM. Reason: SOLVED

Purely a guess, but do you possibly have the devices hidden from view on the device page?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

LOL! You made me look!

It's not just that the devices don't show, the group that they should be in is not there either. I checked the other groups to see if perhaps they were in something else, but they are not. They are nowhere.

It's very odd. Everything else (other plug-ins) seem to be working fine. This one LOOKS fine until you try to view a device status! ....and the charts are blank.

I tried installing with a new config with nothing but CC, but there was no difference. Deleted EVERYTHING is any directory that even resembled a current cost file, rebooted, reinstalled, same problem. It's as if I am missing a prerequisit. In my old installation it runs fine. Weird.

Comment

Ha! I only said to look there because I've done it myself
        Yeah, something is causing the plugin not to build the devices for some reason.
        Check the settings.ini and see if anything related to CC is in there...
        HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
        64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
        Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Good advice. Unfortunately I found nothing. Not going to spend any more time on this (hopefully) and am reloading the image of this machine prior to HS install. Starting from scratch.....again.

Comment

There must be something wrong....

There must be something wrong with the file in the updater. ....I guess.

On a brand new install of HS2, I tried to install the Current Cost plug-in and still did not get any devices installed. The installation went smooth

8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Startup - Checking for available plug-ins
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Plug-In - Found plug-in: Current Cost, version: 1.0.0.57
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Startup - Initializing Plug-Ins
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Plug-In - Interface Current Cost is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Current Cost - Register callback completed
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: Current Cost on COM port 4
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Current Cost - Initializing Current Cost on COM port 4
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Current Cost - Opening COM port at 57600 for newer Envi units
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Current Cost - Current Cost Startup Complete.
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in Current Cost
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Plug-In - Finished initializing X10 interface
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Plug-In - Finished initializing infrared interface
            8/15/2013 10:47:45 AM - Current Cost - Updating ALL projected values

Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
            X