Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some basic questions about Current Cost to HS3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Some basic questions about Current Cost to HS3

    Hello!
    I am trying to link my Current Cost monitor to HS 3 and have some questions. I can't seem to get it the monitor to link in Windows 7.

    1. The US distributor is out of cables. Is there a Universal cord / chipset that I could use? I bought the wrong cable initially (no chipset).

    2. I see that a distributor out of the UK is selling a Silicon Labs chipset cable, stating it is better. Any thoughts on this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-data-cab...item3aa38a7ec7

    3. Is it just me, or does has this company sort of disappeared? The posts on the website kind of make me think so.

    Thanks! NPMAN

  • #2
    Do you already have a USB cable or did yours not come with one? The one by default has a Prolific PL2303 chipset. In theory as long as the connectors are OK and the adaptor accepts 3v level input signals any serial chipset should work. The SI labs chipset has been mentioned before and whilst you probably won't actually notice any physical difference the PL2303 driver situation is a nightmare best avoided if you can.

    Yes I was only thinking a couple of months that CC have gone very quiet and new products appear to have stalled, I don't know why (although can guess) but I doubt they have gone out of business if the website is still up.
    My Plugins:

    Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Do you already have a USB cable or did yours not come with one? The one by default has a Prolific PL2303 chipset. In theory as long as the connectors are OK and the adaptor accepts 3v level input signals any serial chipset should work. The SI labs chipset has been mentioned before and whilst you probably won't actually notice any physical difference the PL2303 driver situation is a nightmare best avoided if you can.

      Yes I was only thinking a couple of months that CC have gone very quiet and new products appear to have stalled, I don't know why (although can guess) but I doubt they have gone out of business if the website is still up.
      Thanks for your reply. I got a improved SI labs cable from TechnoFix and it works. I can pull up data onto a screen such as the Meniscus CC Service UI, but can't seem to get HS3 to pull any data. I checked the ports at they seem to be fine. I corrected the baud rate too. Any ideas?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NPMAN View Post
        Thanks for your reply. I got a improved SI labs cable from TechnoFix and it works. I can pull up data onto a screen such as the Meniscus CC Service UI, but can't seem to get HS3 to pull any data. I checked the ports at they seem to be fine. I corrected the baud rate too. Any ideas?
        Afraid not really with the HS plugin, I wrote an alternative plugin you could try just to rule out if there are issues with the HST one if you wanted http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165447
        My Plugins:

        Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          Afraid not really with the HS plugin, I wrote an alternative plugin you could try just to rule out if there are issues with the HST one if you wanted http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165447
          I'm looking for your plug in. Where might I find it? Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NPMAN View Post
            I'm looking for your plug in. Where might I find it? Thanks!
            In that thread I have linked to it is attached to the first post.
            My Plugins:

            Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
            Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              In that thread I have linked to it is attached to the first post.
              Thanks! Trying to load it now.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                In that thread I have linked to it is attached to the first post.
                First, I big thanks for contributing this plug in! It is really nice.

                I have a couple of questions. I believe the Current Cost unit provides data for the chart every 2 hours. Mine does not seem to populate the graphs. Does HS# needs to be open during that time to do the graph, or can it be spooled somehow? I have two transmitters (one for grid power in, one for solar power in) with a total of 4 clamps. Can all these clamps have their data read? Is there a way to get a Net Power chart, (grid power minus my solar production) ?

                Thanks again for a really nice plug in!
                Brit

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NPMAN View Post
                  First, I big thanks for contributing this plug in! It is really nice.

                  I have a couple of questions. I believe the Current Cost unit provides data for the chart every 2 hours. Mine does not seem to populate the graphs. Does HS# needs to be open during that time to do the graph, or can it be spooled somehow? I have two transmitters (one for grid power in, one for solar power in) with a total of 4 clamps. Can all these clamps have their data read? Is there a way to get a Net Power chart, (grid power minus my solar production) ?

                  Thanks again for a really nice plug in!
                  Brit
                  Yes it will download the data every two hours, this is performed at a minute past every odd hour on the time displayed on the CC meter (which can drift against the actual time - different units are better at keeping this time in sync) and yes the plugin needs to be running, I would suggest leaving it open for a good few hours before the data arrives, if it does not arrive then that may point to a problem.

                  It is in theory to force a download of this data however I never catered for this as the data arrives in a slightly different format to the bi hourly data - I don't know why CC decided to do this but I did not think it worthwhile to add a separate routine just for that purpose as most people will be using theirs 24x7 and can just wait for it to download.

                  The Current Cost unit does not know in which direction the energy arrived (consumed or produced) and the plugin is not intended by me an all in one energy monitoring plugin (the possibilities are too endless to deal with) so in your situation the charts provided by the plugin will not be of tremendous use.

                  The plugin does however support logging to the Energy API and HomeSeer has the ability to produce net charts however it is best reading and searching about this function as there are still some issues with it - if you leave the plugin running and go into the energy page you should see some data in the charts. You should be able to get something you are after...

                  You may find the HS plugin does more for your needs - I honestly don't know what it offers in difference now I have never test it in HS3, I just posted mine to check whether or not you could communicate correctly to the device.
                  My Plugins:

                  Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                  Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

                  Comment

                  Unconfigured PHP Module

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X