COM Driver for Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COM Driver for Windows 8

I moved my HS3 to a stick computer running Windows 8.1. All plugins working nicely with the exception that I cannot get the windows driver for the Current Cost USB-Serial (RJ45) adapter to function.

I DL'd driver directly from Current Cost that states it supports Win 7. Has anyone a solution for getting the USB-Serial adapter that shipped /w the Current Cost house meter to work with Windows 8?

Does anyone have a pin-out of the RJ45 end? With this I likely could adapt any USB/Serial adapter to work.

Post #345 onwards may be of use to you - http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...165447&page=18 concerning the driver situation.

I ended up just re-using a MAX232 board with a serial port, only two wires on the RJ45 needed - pin 4 is ground and pin 8 is data out IIRC 3V TTL though.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Win 10 - C2 terminal works

All I did was load a prolific driver vesion 3.3.2 version 2008 yes that early and it works....Of course HS3 opens port but isn't logging any data yet....But the C2 terminal says the data is being sent to the port.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
      BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
      DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
        All I did was load a prolific driver vesion 3.3.2 version 2008 yes that early and it works....Of course HS3 opens port but isn't logging any data yet....But the C2 terminal says the data is being sent to the port.
        If you are a new user just keep an eye on it, I could get one similar age driver to work in terms of installing but it ended up crashing my plugin...you may and I hope you have better luck though!
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

I've been using it for years in HS2/Win 7....decided to bite the bullet and try HS3/Win10...

might regret that yet...but for now we'll keep on trucking.

Comment

When I switched to 3rd party currentcost plugin it just worked.... So win 10 / 3.3 polific 2008 driver and 3p currentcost work.....more on reliability later.

Comment

Working...
            X