No announcement yet.

Initial Release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

& likewise the fronius solar web will be unable to display (correctly.. if at all) the power flow status (it uses a similar methodology ... from the PV generated & the smartmeter power flow)

Comment

i also highly recomend the following document for you to read asap (before your installer puts in the smartmeter)
      Quick guide: How to do install a Fronius Smart Meter”

Comment

Wow thank you so much for all that info super appreciated, will do some reading tonight for sure 👍

Comment

no probs, i spent a lot of time reading, learning and experimenting ... so happy to share my learnings as appropriate
          the fronius docs i reference have been great source of info
          my system is 3 years old - so i have some experience with trying various configs... and with Mats plugin - i can (soon) make meaningful use of fronius data and status in HS.
          My system however is a little more complex - given I have lithium batteries and two inverters (fronius hybrid that runs the battery and emergency power etc + a fronius Symo 10kW ... thats relatively “dumb” ) .. hence my comments about the settings - because my 10kW doesnt have visibility of the smartmeter, batteries etc .. its “all” controlled by the Hybrid)
          My PV array is “split” between the two inverters ... so to get “total PV generated” & other combined measures - Mat has graciously modified his PI to suit “my” two inverter config.
          As i have a bunch of “discretionary” loads (pool pumps, chlorinators, water features etc ) - I will be using the outputs from Mats plugin to make decisions in HS about when to disable some of these discretionary loads eg for cloudy poor solar days (I was originally planning to use the “load mgt” output from inverter as a proxy for this - but with the PI giving true “export power value” ... the decision can be better informed! and controlled from HS)

Comment

Bingo that's sort of what I'm doing, except while I will control some load (things that need to either start or stop) for the most part I'm going to program advice.... graphs that show usage against available solar, warnings when usage exceeds available solar, etc that way activities in the home can be better educated on when is ideal to do what...

Comment

Hi All,

I just caught up in the conversation, So all in all yes the Fronius Smart Meter is needed to get an meaningful data, And i have come across a few installs where they don't put one in, Which is painful, There are alot of "Opinions" with solar installers and i was quite direct with what i wanted for my setup and most of them tried to talk me around it... In the end got a good result though... So with any luck once your smart meter is installed you will get all the numbers you need.

In the mean time, I will make some changes as soon as i get a quite moment that should get you at least able to see the current production numbers.

Thanks
              Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
                In the mean time, I will make some changes as soon as i get a quite moment that should get you at least able to see the current production
                Thanks Matt appreciated as I can't get even the beta one to be stable anymore, have spent a lot of time trying to get it to stay running but it crashes within 1 minute. Might grab another log so you have some info to work with.

Comment

hi tillsy ... seems like you have a similar “objective” to mine.. although my earlier aspirations have been modified a little thru experience .. (& an over dimensioning of solar PV capacity ... against our “real” needs)

the initial excitement over solar .. and fascination with “watching” the real time and daily aspects .. does dimisih a little.... although with automation it can certainly avoid my (current) situation .. where my wife asks “is the solar good today .. shall i start the dishwasher” .. haha Im working on a(touch) “screen” display (using outputs from Mats PI) for my wife .. so that she can “see” the situation and make the decision to use dishwasher, washing machine etc. .. and of course the automation system can selectively disable some other loads if it sees “import” occuring.
                  My challenge at the moment is to get “weather” and solar “performance” intelligence into HS .. so that it can make decisions on when to disable loads.
                  but have appropriate hysterisis ... such that it doesnt “oscillate” .. I have a weather station that supplies solar insolation (radiation) measure... so i can measure it against “theoretical” level (for a given day/month) and decide if/how much its “below” expected level.. but Im thinking thru an “averaging” algorithm .. so that it uses a “rolling average” to make a decision... and under certain cirsumstances ... “shutdown” discretionary loads “for the day” (rather than on /off behaviour during the day)

.. all good fun!!

Comment

Hi All,

So i tracked down what i believe to be the issue with Tillsy's system, The Plugin checks if a Meter is listed in the feeds before doing the calculations, However his system has a meter shown, But its not flagged as enabled... I have changed my plugin to check if its enabled... Hopefully this is all that's needed.

Unfortunately without the meter the only output is Generation, So you get current, Today's and Monthly cumulative Generation... Once the Meter is installed and enabled a restart of the plugin will pick it up and you will get the full set of outputs.

Hopefully this solves the crash you mentioned, But if not please let me know and we can set up some time over teamviewer and i can debug it live if that suits.

The Beta will be uploaded shortly, Please delete the Plugin Config before installing the new Beta if possible.

Thanks
                    Mat

Comment

hi mat

does this updated beta include the “fix” for the clash with the openspsinkler plug in?

id like to reinstall the plugin and start testing again ... my system hasnt crashed (i know that will jinx me!) for some time (& ive been doing quite abit to streamline it ,, but also added lots new devices events et al)
                      .. so im comfortable I have a experience level to
                      be able to meaningfully measure if its the PI contributing.

Comment

Hi Gregy,

Sorry this one doesn't fix that. I will try and get to that today.

And Happy Days, Just let me know once you test and ill work through any bugs you locate.

Send through the Logs if you could when you find issues.

Thanks
                        Mat

Comment

Just wanted to confirm that Mat has been amazing devoting a heap of time to troubleshooting issues with me and releasing multiple betas to address them.

Today my Smart Meter was installed and the plugin began registering the data and my graph and stats all came to life.

Have just purchased your plugin 👍

Comment

Hi Tillsy,

Thanks for the note, I know we are still having some teething issues with your system, But hopefully this weekend ill iron some of them out.

Thanks for the support.

Mat.

Comment

Working...
                            X