Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Release.

Hi,

I have created a plugin that will Monitor and Log the Fronius Symo (Or any Fronius with the Json API) series of Solar Inverters.

This plugin gives various stats from the inverter and current household load, Also cumulative Daily and Monthly values.

It allows you to track your Usage based on Import and Export Tariffs along with any Grid Surcharges as in Australia these rates differ. The Calculations for these values can be found in the user guide, Along with More details about the outputs.

It will also write to the Homeseer Energy Database for long term monitoring, The Generation and Household load are written on 2 different devices so you can get views of Total Generation, Total Household Load and then a combined output in the Energy graphs area of Homeseer.

The Fronius API has many other functions for Grid voltages and Hz data, MPP data, Battery Storage info and is capable of daisy chaining these units to monitor more than one inverter... Currently i have not implemented any of these, But if you need it please contact me and I will be happy to add it.

I will look at potentially adding support for the inverters archive data, But currently have no need so i have not done this, Please message if you want this feature.

Thanks
    Mat

Hey this is cool to see, nice work. Fronius are on my inverter short list. Hoping the QLD government does another pass if their solar loan scheme.

Is there any ability to control the inverter? Such as telling it to send to grid or not? I don't know if the Fronius even does this natively, just curious.

Comment

Hi Fellhahn,

Thanks for the Post, I am in Brisbane as well..... And I didn't qualify for any rebates so just dropped the cash on a 13.5 KW system, 45 Panels, Did it on interest free and at the moment its just shy of being able to pay itself back without any monthly top up, In summer it will cover itself no problems, Should pay itself off in 3 years then whatever comes after that is gravy.

I just checked the API, and no control, Which to be honest i didn't think it would, They are fairly locked down when setup as the Energy providers have set guidelines on the settings, We have fairly tight restrictions on Grid Voltage and things like that, So the systems actually shut down if the grid voltage is to high, Luckily for me i don't have that problem.

There are a heap of things that can be monitored by the API, So take a look if your keen :

https://www.fronius.com/~/downloads/...410%2C2012.pdf

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Hi Mat

Great timing, I'm just waiting for my QCELLS to go up and have a Fronius 5kw installed ready to go.

Will definitely be adding this as soon as I'm up and running!

Will send through feedback etc in the next couple of weeks once my system is up and running.

Comment

Hi XeKToReX,

Good to hear your getting a system, Let me know how you go... If you have any troubles or there is anything specific you want to see yell out and ill see if i can add it.

Thanks
          Mat

Comment

Hi Mat
            BrianB again...
            I have just ordered solar panels and Fronius Symo inverter with 7kw batterie pack.
            To be installed in a few weeks..

does your plugin work with Linux?

thanks

Comment

Hi BrianB,

Unfortunately not.... Seems I'm letting you down all over the place... My Server is windows based, So most of these plugins have been a work in progress for a while now, I only just recently setup a linux server to test with...

Looking at the guides i just have to make some adjustments to how Paths are handled and we should be good to go... I'm working through this now.

Will try and speed it along for you, Thanks for your Patience.

Thanks
              Mat

Comment

No worries Mat, much appreciated - still have to install the Fronius inverter - it’s a Symo Hybrid by the way otherwise the batteries will not work properly

Comment

Hi Mat,

System has been installed a week now. I've just moved all of my ZWave devices over to a Hubitat so that'll be dedicated to device control.

Complete fresh install of HS3 last night and activated the plugin, I am noticing a lot of errors about saving to the db.

I have a feeling it's because all of my Today/This Month values are "NaN" except total gross generation - do I just need to wait longer for there to be values?

Cheers!

Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database Error - Save of the devices to the database did not succeed - see the log for more details.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius This Month Total Cost failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=25) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius This Month Imported Cost failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=24) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius This Month Imported failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=23) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius This Month Exported Value failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=22) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius This Month Exported failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=21) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius This Month Direct Consumption Value failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=20) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius This Month Direct Consumption failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=19) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius Today Total Cost failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=17) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius Today Imported Cost failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=16) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius Today Imported failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=15) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius Today Exported Value failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=14) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius Today Exported failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=13) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius Today Direct Consumption Value failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=12) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Database ERROR, device Ground Fronius Today Direct Consumption failed to be updated or added to the database.
                  Aug-20 12:18:23 PM Error SQL Exception adding device record (Ref=11) to the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=

Comment

Hi XeKToRex

That's no good to hear, I will try and fix it for you.

Can you run these in your browser and send me the output? You will need to do it when the unit is producing.

You need to change "inverterIpAdress" to your Units IP Address.

http://inverterIpAdress/solar_api/v1...onInverterData
                    http://inverterIpAdress/solar_api/v1...ltimeData.fcgi
                    http://inverterIpAdress/solar_api/v1...i?Scope=System

If you can dump each into a separate text file and upload it here that would be great and i will try and work out the issue.

Does your Setup use the Fronius Smart Meter as well?

Thanks
                    Mat

Comment

Can do mate

Yeah smart meter is installed too.

Comment

Hi XeKToRex

No worries, I will update the Plugin so you can Log the data stream to make this easier to check the data feed in the future.

Thanks
                        Mat

Comment

HI Mat,

Looks like I just needed to give it some time, all of the values appear to be working now except I never see anything on Current Consumption From Solar System? I see a value on Household load though.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi XeKToRex,

That one is my fault, I have fixed it in the upcoming update. Will get it uploaded ASAP.

How are you finding it apart from that? is there any stats you would like to see?

Thanks
                            Mat

Comment

Hi XeKToRex,

Just to give you an update, I have submitted the changed plugin last night, So should be in the Updater in the next few days.

Let me know if you have any dramas or any feedback.

Thanks
                              Mat

Comment

Working...
                              X