Legacy Eagle connection issues resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legacy Eagle connection issues resolution

Have any of you Eagle Legacy owners gotten this to work well enough to be usable. I gave up when the trial expired as I was still getting continuous timeouts.

If the PI is not going to work with a Legacy, I will have to toss the Legacy, buy a new model and then look at purchasing this PI.

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
    Have any of you Eagle Legacy owners gotten this to work well enough to be usable. I gave up when the trial expired as I was still getting continuous timeouts.

If the PI is not going to work with a Legacy, I will have to toss the Legacy, buy a new model and then look at purchasing this PI.

I had to give up on the Legacy. I tried different polling values, but still got many many timeout errors. I purchased a -200 when my utility was offering a $25 Rebate. It has been much more stable. I have polling set to 180 seconds. I still get a few (504) Gateway Timeout errors from the plugin when it accesses the Rainforest Cloud, but not the 50+ per day I was getting before. It is very usable for me now.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I implemented local polling for the Legacy Eagle, see this thread.

Comment

Hey this is great news and just in time. Thinking an EV is in the near future - purchasing now.

Comment

I have been using a z-wave smart switch to reset the Eagle every couple of hours. Pretty clumsy but works.
            Thanks, I will look at the local polling.
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
            X