OFF TOPIC - Not the same meter, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFF TOPIC - Not the same meter, but...

stefxx x I have a FOCUS RXR-SD and would really like to link it to HS without having to wait for the data to be uploaded to my utility's site.

Have you seen anything like this in your internet travels. Unfortunately, it's a sealed glass top so I can't get to the back side.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200424_154942.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1380885

No, never seen it. I do notice a metallic ring with most likely an IR read/write led, so communication might be possible with something like this: https://wiki.volkszaehler.org/hardwa...hreib-lesekopf

But this is really unknown territory for me...
    stefxx

Comment

Thanks, I think. I've got my work cut out for me.

Comment

Mine is very similar physically. Notice in the top right that I have a zigbee logo. I can log into my utility provider's web site where I can connect the meter to any zigbee dongle, which sadly, I don't have. ​​​​
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200426-085019_Gallery.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1380891
        Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
        Number of Devices: 633
        Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.54.0: BLBackup
        2.0.40.0: BLLAN
        3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
        3.0.0.87: weatherXML
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

lveatch Well would you look at that. The label behind the label! The front label is on the glass, the back label is on the face of the meter behind the glass! I do have zigbee with a raspbee so I know it has never found it because I would have to put the meter in discover mode or equivalent.

The meter does report to the mothership every 15 minutes but that's through the power lines more than likely. Internet searching hasn't yielded much more than what stefxx came up with.

I guess it's time to ask one of the linemen when I see one in the area. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200426_101353.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	1380901

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
            lveatch Well would you look at that. The label behind the label! The front label is on the glass, the back label is on the face of the meter behind the glass! I do have zigbee with a raspbee so I know it has never found it because I would have to put the meter in discover mode or equivalent.
            I can put the meter into discovery mode via my utility provider's web site account.
            Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
            Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
            Number of Devices: 633
            Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.54.0: BLBackup
            2.0.40.0: BLLAN
            3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
            30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
            3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
            3.0.0.87: weatherXML
            3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

I should be so lucky. I didn't find a way of working with the meter but I did contact support. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
              X