usb splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usb splitter

I use already an P1 connection with a Rasp Pi3+. Is it possible to split the usb connection of the P1 cable? Which splitter do you recommend?
    Wim

I don't think you can split the USB connection.But you can split the RJ11 connection, I recommend an "active" splitter.

Personally I use the one in the picture below, but that is probably a bit much for you. I have connected my P1 port to this plugin, to a Plugwise Smile P1, to my Car charger (for load balancing) and a raspberry (for testing purposes)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	136
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	1583239
    stefxx

Comment

Another option is to use ser2net, that will allow multiple (network) connections to the same serial (USB) port. The plugin supports ser2net, not sure if your current application on the raspberry does support this also?

It requires the use of the "max-connections=x" in ser2net.conf. Note that i do not have any experience with this.
      stefxx

Comment

Thanks. I gone to look for them.
        I have already my P1 connected to P1 monitor. This is a nice monitoring system from the Netherlands. But it isn't integrated in Homeseer, I think.
        I like to make a script or event to control my solar panels by warming up a boiler, if the solar energy is gone on the grid.
        So I can use a second connection for P1 connection for Homesser.

Comment

Use a splitter designed for this, with a master and a slave port
          or use: Actieve P1 Splitter - HomeWizard

i use the last one with:
          plugwis ep1
          homewizzard p1
          usb p1

Comment

Thanks akatar

Comment

Working...
            X