Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the reason to upgrade to HS4!

Hi,

I am a happy user of HS3 but when I saw this plugin is HS4 only, now I have a very good reason to jump on it.

I did notice it doesn't even appear on the HS3 available plug-in.

Is there any documentation on this plugin? Do you need additional hardware (connection to the inverter or something?)

thanks
    Chris

Nice! It is HS4 only indeed.

Documentation is being worked on, but in most situations no hardware is required. Main parameter is the CPU version of your SolarEdge inverter:

CPU 2.x: Modbus serial only. You will need a RS485 to USB serial converter and probably open the cover to connect it. Only older units need this (typically 2014 and older)
    CPU 3.x: Modbus TCP: any network connection will do. The inverter is often already connected to the network so nothing additional is required. You will need to enable Modbus TCP on the inverter through the LCD display
    CPU 4.x: Similar to CPU 3.x, but these units lack a LCD display, so SetApp app is required to configure Modbus TCP. Also, with SetApp the plugin can retrieve additional information (including panel information) however this is being closed on more and more inverters by SolarEdge. Luckily the Modbus connection remains available

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      Nice! It is HS4 only indeed.

Documentation is being worked on, but in most situations no hardware is required. Main parameter is the CPU version of your SolarEdge inverter:

CPU 2.x: Modbus serial only. You will need a RS485 to USB serial converter and probably open the cover to connect it. Only older units need this (typically 2014 and older)
      CPU 3.x: Modbus TCP: any network connection will do. The inverter is often already connected to the network so nothing additional is required. You will need to enable Modbus TCP on the inverter through the LCD display
      CPU 4.x: Similar to CPU 3.x, but these units lack a LCD display, so SetApp app is required to configure Modbus TCP. Also, with SetApp the plugin can retrieve additional information (including panel information) however this is being closed on more and more inverters by SolarEdge. Luckily the Modbus connection remains available

Thanks!
      Most manufacturers that produce equipment with a Modbus interface will not close it as a lot of Building Management Systems use it. It is an old protocol but very reliable. There is a Modbus PI available but it seems that support ended although a significant number of people is using this PI or is willing to use it.

It seems that your PI already includes a lot of Modbus functions. Maybe an idea to create a great Modbus PI.

—-
      John

Comment

Hi John,

Maybe, but not very likely anytime soon. Too many other plugins I am working on

But thanks for the suggestion!
        stefxx

Comment

Working...
        X