Inverter Delete / Add / Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inverter Delete / Add / Crash

Hi... I had some initial success with Solaredge Plugin 4.0.10.0. I was doing this iteratively and ended up moving my inverters to a new IP and somehow in the process of deleting inverters and re-adding them, uninstalling Solaredge Plugin and re-installing, I seem to be left with some part of my previous configuration active and/or other problem. That is when I install a fresh plug-in, it starts up and crashes prior to me being able to setup a new inverter. I am also seeing some stub inverters that show up in the Devices list, every time is crashes and restarts, it creates a new device.

Homeseer Version: 4.1.11.0

Any ideas where to clean up / adjust ?

Application: HSPI_SolarEdge.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols+Container..ct or(System.Object)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGe t(System.Object, System.Type, System.String, System.Object[], System.String[], System.Type[], Boolean[])
    at HSPI_SolarEdge.SolarEdge.PollSolarEdgeModbus(GatewayDevice, Byte[])
    at HSPI_SolarEdge.SolarEdge.PollSolarEdgeModbusTcp(GatewayDevic e)
    at HSPI_SolarEdge.SolarEdge.PollSolarEdge(GatewayDevice)
    at HSPI_SolarEdge.SolarEdge.PollGateway(GatewayDevice)
    at HSPI_SolarEdge.HSPI+_Closure$__._Lambda$__R2-1(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Obj ect)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

Hi! Remove the SolarEdge.ini from the homeseer/Config path. That should resolve it.

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

Thanks... That worked... and one other observation... since I was able to get further in the process.

When using the "Add new Inverter" Wizard, there might be a selectable cached value for like the IP address / port field that might be in ones browser.

That value is selectable and seems to fill the text box... but....

If you select the cached value, it doesn't seem to populate the field on the final check... so I aborted that attempt and went back and typed the values for every field.

And... that all worked clean and the plug-in connected to the inverters.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

I can't replicate your issue exactly, but I did notice that on some fields you can press "enter" to continue (instead of clicking "continue"). That seems to cause the value not to be saved. Java is not really my thing so unsure on how to resolve that. But could that be the cause of the issue you've experienced?
        stefxx

Comment

Working...
        X