Plugin set up confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin set up confusion

I installed the plugin 2 weeks ago but couldnt get any further until my installer enabled modbus TCP and opened port 1502 which they finally did today. Never noticed anything wrong at this point but nothing was using it so who knows.

I ran the config as in your sticky post and it seemed to connect fine and made all the new devices as expected. I was trying to work out what the new values were as they didn't quite line up with my solaredge app but figured this was just a report time thing that would clear up. Went to see if I could make it report quicker and noticed no SolaeEdge plugin in the 'Plugins' HS4 dropdown list. So I checked installed and it says:
    SolarEdge

CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected.

quick searches say it could be hanging and restarting the computer might fix it but that didnt. Tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling and same issue except now I can't even set up a new inverter. This is repeated in my error log:

Code:
     [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]4/06/2021 4:22:03 PM[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]HomeSeer[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]Info[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]Plugin SolarEdge with ID: SolarEdge and Instance: has disconnected[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]4/06/2021 4:22:01 PM[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]Starting Plug-In[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]Plugin SolarEdge started successfully in 24 milliseconds[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]4/06/2021 4:22:01 PM[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]SolarEdge[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]Initialization of SolarEdge version 4.0.10.0 complete[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]Initializing plugin SolarEdge ...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]SolarEdge loaded in 15068 milliseconds[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]4/06/2021 4:21:46 PM[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#000000]Plugin SolarEdge with instance SolarEdge has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53225[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#D58000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]4/06/2021 4:21:46 PM[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#D58000]HomeSeer[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#D58000]Warning[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#D58000]I/O interface SolarEdge is down, executable is not running, restarting ...[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Sorry for the wall of text but trying to give as much info as possible in the hope of an easy fix. Any suggestions?

Hi! Thanks for using the plugin, sorry for this bad experience. Here are a few things we can try:

- Stop the plugin (use the task manager if needed) and remove the SolarEdge.ini and SolarEdge.ini.bak files from the HomeSeer/Logs directory. Start the plugin. Now you should be able to start the initial configuration again.
    - If after configuration the issue comes back; stop the plugin again and try to start it from the command line (just open a command prompt, change directory to your HomeSeer folder and start HSPI_SolarEdge.exe). When it crashes, it should show some kind of error. Please paste the error here.
    - If all fails, I would like to connect to your inverter to see what is going on. Maybe SolarEdge changed something recently in their firmware that is causing this. Send me a PM and I'll send you the instructions.

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

I deleted the files and reconfigured the inverter and it seems to be working again though this time I didn't enable any cumulative totals but I don't really need them.

I can see AC Power Value and AC Apparent power line up with what the mobile app says the system is generating which is great but is their any way to see how much is being exported or even consumed like you can see mobile app as well?

Comment

Hi, great you've got it working again. Looks like there was a misconfiguration before? Enabling cumulative values should matter. You can always copy the ini file and play with some values until it breaks again; then restore the ini file. Did you perhaps enable a smart meter and/or a modus meter?

For your second question, exactly what hardware are you using? A standard inverter is unable to show consumptions and export so there must be additional hardware installed.
        stefxx

Comment

I have a smart meter that I'm pretty sure the installer hooked up to the inverter since in the app I can see how much is being generated by the panels, how much I am using and how much I am importing/exporting the same as this image https://www.solaredge.com/sites/defa...compressed.png (though without the battery). In that image they are exporting 2.33kw but the arrow can reverse and turn red if you are importing from the grid.

Would I need a separate smart meter plugin to get this?

Comment

It depends. If it is a modbus meter connected to your inverter, the plugin might support it directly. Something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZF27oRlzAU

For this, just "Enable consumption meter 1" in the setup.
            stefxx

Comment

Looks like it is working now. I do have one of those meters but when I enabled the consumption meter in the settings the plug in crashed again same as before. Deleting the .ini files and replacing them with a copy of the known working ones didnt work either. Had to delete them both, uninstall the plugin and re-install it and set up from scratch enabling the consumption meter straight away.

The plug in doesnt seem to like me changing the settings after its initial set up but thats ok I have it working now the way I hoped it would. Thanks for you fast replies and help!

Comment

Hi,

Great you've got it working. Sorry for the issue with the settings. Happy to look into it, however since I don't have a consumption meter myself that would require access to your solaredge environment. Let me know if that is something you want to explore. If you are happy with the status quo, that's fine too off course!

Good luck!
                stefxx

Comment

Working...
                X