Ideas on how to use...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas on how to use...

Hi guys- I'm having some solar edge inverters installed, and naturally, the first thing I did was check to see if there was a homeseer plugin. But- mostly, I want to know before I pull the trigger, what do you guys do with it? How does it display? I'm a bit of a rookie with smarthome stuff, so I am just looking to figure out the benefits of tying my solaredge inverters into homeseer. Thanks in advance for your help!

I have the plug-in and it has saved me a ton of times. I live close to the ocean and apparently some connections at the panels get moisture in them quite easily. When this happens the inverter sees a short to ground for up to an hour or two in the morning until the moisture dries up. I have an event that warns me of poor performance beyond one hour after sunrise. Without it, I would never know that the system is not functioning as it should. I consider it essential unless you're going to sit and watch the solaredge monitoring app constantly. I own my system so it's my nickels not some leasing company's.

The installer is coming next week to apply some sealant to connections to see if that solves it. Quite a few houses around me have solar but just myself and one other own our systems. I'm sure the leased ones aren't as concerned about generating a kWh or three less here and there. But it adds up!

Comment

well hell. that right there makes it worth while. I'll probably pick that up- We purchased our system as well and didn't lease it, and I'll be looking forward to keeping my 12.5 kw system as efficient as possible.

Any other things people use this system for?

Comment

Just give it a try. It comes with a 30 day trial. And let me know if you have any questions!
        stefxx

Comment

MightyShilling One more thing, when you set it up I highly recommend setting up an account at pvoutput.org. It's cool to see other's statistics near you or anywhere for that matter. Also as a second backstop, pvoutput can send you an email when production is zero for more than 30 minutes indicating a possible problem. Obviously for both you and me that could mean snow cover.

FWIW, My system is 7.560kW and I barely make as much as I consume. I want to put battery backup so I'll probably have a few more panels installed. A 12.5kW system should be great if you have a more or less normal house.

Comment

Working...
          X