Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know how it works for you and if there are any enhancements that would be useful.

Comment

I just got my Tank Utility monitor this week and installed it without any problems. I have the tank utility app running on my iPhone with no issues. I found your plugin and installed it this evening. It seemed to come up with no issues. About 2-3 hours later I saw this error in the HS log:

TankUtility DebugToken Page: {"error":"","token":"AEu4IL2qAoJNmHSqL_Cq1UIGQtKhWkbwjBGvNso NSwPwDEDuDUQ3cpmTh09maizzAzpPvwFGsyvbjWLjqIkCNOHkFzkVJHD60EE U5TAgvsA6rqbln5L3KYY64v15pxst3oyhpM7Tt3tkmgPCBHXAScKbpIiZ5KC O-F6vTMwrMoLteZ1F7MFc0y-tT5dIrAQoeAsIyF_3QHihsHmystg7W_7kmlhmhdmuvRfqETbg_GNqYXWmKv-hbTU"}

Any ideas?

Comment

Nothing to worry about. Just some debug logging that didn't get turned off. It actually isn't an error even though you see "error" in the message. It has a colon after it and the nothing indicating no error. Threw me off first time I saw it too. Just the way the tankutil guys formatted their data package. I need to remember to hide that debug.

Comment

Thanks. Now I am having another issue. This morning in the log I am seeing Plugin TankUtility is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

I checked in with my phone app and it is only seeing the last datapoint when I first installed the monitor and app yesterday afternoon. I think I need to go back outside to the tank and re-run the setup utility. I am thinking that the monitor has either been turned off, has a low low battery, or not a good wifi signal. It's a shame the tank utility monitor does not monitor the condition of the battery.

Comment

Yes, it would be nice if they tracked the battery. I don't think the monitor getting stuck in some way will impact the PI as it pulls info from their cloud service, not the monitor directly. Note that they seem to only send one update a day to the service to save battery life so you won't see updates during the day. At least that is how my cellular service monitor works. Haven't tried the Wi-Fi but I believe when I talked to the support folks at TankUtility.com they said once per day was their model.

Let me know if I can help in some way.

Comment

Thanks XBox. I have been emailing the Tank Utility support group and they have verified your statement about TU only sending one report per day.

The warning message I was seeing in the HS log, (Plugin TankUtility is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.), was due to the plugin not running any longer. I was viewing the device management page of HS3 remotely but when I got in from of the PC hosting HS3, there was a pop-up window on my screen saying the tank utility plugin had stopped running. I then had the choice of debugging, debug and close the application or just close the application. I simply closed the application and I saw in HS3 that the TU plugin started up immediately. Everything has been running smoothly since.

Comment

OK thanks for the update. Sounds like it might have crashed for some reason. I have it running on my HS3 system and it seems to be pretty stable but glitches do happen. If you see any further issues like that, pls let me know so I can debug. Also, do you have logging turned on in the PI config page? I was looking in the code and don't see how that debug statement got logged except if logging were checked on. Let me know.

thx

XM

Comment

Debugging is turned off

Click image for larger version  Name:	snip_20191009150145.png Views:	0 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	1331867
                  And I am getting the Token error every hour in the log. I am still on my test HS server where I try out new plugins and scripts. Is there a debug setting somewhere that I may have missed that would produce these debug messages?

Comment

No there isn't another setting. I will look again. I may have already updated it and just haven't pushed that update out yet to the HS site.

Comment

Another quick question about this plugin. I have been running it now for over a week. When are the the devices labeled, Reading - 1 Day(s) Ago up to 7 days ago filled in? I haven't used any propane and my tank is at 83% and has been since Oct 8 when I installed the module and the plugin. Do these only adjust when there has been propane used from day to day?

Comment

Yes, I believe I put in a check for at least a 1% change in the level before it would update those values. I wasn't sure how accurate the meter monitor was and if it might register minute changes that were just noise in the monitor vs. actual usage. But if you don't use any it probably won't update until you do (the following day when a new reading is taken). I could put an option in to disable that check so that it just updates no matter what. Pretty easy to do I think if you would find it valuable. I have one on a vacation rental and propane usage for the BBQ, spa tub or fire pit is pretty much a given every day so I never see that behavior. ;-)

Comment

I wouldn't spend the time to do an update even if it is simple. It was just a question on how your plugin works. All of the readings for the 7 days are saying 0% and I was just wondering if the was how they were meant to work.

Thanks for the quick reply. Your plugin seems to be working good so far. It will become more useful when I actually turn on my heat this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by XboxMeister View Post
                            I could put an option in to disable that check so that it just updates no matter what.
                            Maybe you can rely on the same option HS uses on node root-device entry with the default checked entry to not update timestamp when no value changes occured.

If you add that (if it's not already there) then functionality would be more in line with other implementations.

Just a thought, you'd have a much better idea having access to the source code obviously

Comment

Threshold for detecting a tank fill appears to require adjustment. We had a modest temperature increase resulting in a tank full percentage change from 18.15% to 18.73%, erroneously triggering a Recently Filled indication. Perhaps at least 2 or 3%?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Tank Utility stopped updating my HS3 system on August 10. I see in the HS3 log it would connect and then immediately disconnect.

The TU website appears to be working as I can log into my account via their IOS app and from a web browser.

This message is in the log: I/O interface TankUtility is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Anyone else experiencing any issues with TU via this plugin?

Comment

Working...
                                X