X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XboxMeister
    replied
    Let me know how it works for you and if there are any enhancements that would be useful.

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    replied
    Oh good. I had a script doing this but glad it was made into a plugin....

Leave a comment:

• XboxMeister
    replied
    No worries man. Glad you got it sorted out. 👍

Leave a comment:

• FastFreddi
    replied
    My apologies, I was looking at another exe.config file. As for the NewtonSoft error, it occurred on first startup and restarting the plugin since has not resulted in the error.

Leave a comment:

• XboxMeister
    replied
    Originally posted by FastFreddi View Post
    Had to delete the old version to avoid error despite having disabled the plugin and rebooting the system. Not sure if its related to my previous manual install. Also, in you upcoming versions, would it be possible to add the ability to display the tank capacity and last reading quantity in litres? A 120 gallon tank is a 454 L. Also, NewtonSoft error is back. You have your <probing privatePath="bin"/> instead of bin/TankUtility
    Mar-16 10:59:29 Updater Error Installation of package Tank Utility failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
    Mar-16 10:59:29 Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_TankUtil.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_TankUtil.exe' because it is being used by another process.
    I think something went wrong with the install somehow for you as the exe.config file that is in the 3.0.0.2 zip file released to HS3 looks like the following:

Code:
    <configuration>
      <runtime>
        <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" />
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
          <probing privatePath="bin/TankUtil" />
        </assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>

….
    I just looked at the zip I submitted and extracted that specific file to get the code above so not sure why you are only seeing "bin". The source file that is used to generate that exe.config file also has the correct path in it. Given you had to run as Administrator last time to install, I'm thinking there may be a permissions issue overwriting that file for some reason. Also given it is saying that it couldn't access the TankUtil plug-in because another process is using it makes me think HS3 wasn't entirely shut down or something went wrong in the update as nothing should be using it. I successfully updated it both using the updater_override method and via the updater on my Windows box.

As for the litres, that should be pretty easy to add. I was actually thinking about it the other day given I had the Fahrenheit/Celsius option. Consider it a 3.0.0.3 addition. Appreciate the suggestion!

Leave a comment:

• FastFreddi
    replied
    Had to delete the old version to avoid error despite having disabled the plugin and rebooting the system. Not sure if its related to my previous manual install. Also, in you upcoming versions, would it be possible to add the ability to display the tank capacity and last reading quantity in litres? A 120 gallon tank is a 454 L. Also, NewtonSoft error is back. You have your <probing privatePath="bin"/> instead of bin/TankUtility
    Mar-16 10:59:29 Updater Error Installation of package Tank Utility failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
    Mar-16 10:59:29 Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_TankUtil.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_TankUtil.exe' because it is being used by another process.

Leave a comment:

• XboxMeister
    replied
    v3.0.0.2 has been released to the HS3 Updater. Please take the update and let me know how it is working. Details of what is in it are in the sticky at the top.

Leave a comment:

• XboxMeister
    replied
    Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
    Glad to see this plug-in. I've been using scripts to get readings from my Tank Utility monitor for more than a year. This plug-in gets much more info than I currently do.

A suggestion. Putting the numerical data into HS as VALUE would be better, I think. You could then easily display the level in HS Touch with a "meter," etc. Having it as a value would also let you do some math. I have a script that takes the percentage level and calculates current gallons and the maximum number of gallons that could be delivered taking into account the 90% rule plus a little cushion.
    I started with scripts too but one day just said "I need to create a plug-in just to see how hard that really is". The scripts are a good way to get going fast but man the built in editor is terrible for debugging problems. Working in Visual Studio is so much easier to track down issues and most of my script code just works without much change.

Great point on using the values. I'm actually working on an update that does just that and tying in graphics status as well. Should have a new version out fairly soon with those improvements as well as a few others. I'm using this plug-in a bit to learn the nuances of HS3 development before I start pushing out several more that I have underway for a bunch of different things. Already have learned a lot just in the past few days as people are starting to use this one.

Appreciate the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• jbbtex
    replied
    Glad to see this plug-in. I've been using scripts to get readings from my Tank Utility monitor for more than a year. This plug-in gets much more info than I currently do.

A suggestion. Putting the numerical data into HS as VALUE would be better, I think. You could then easily display the level in HS Touch with a "meter," etc. Having it as a value would also let you do some math. I have a script that takes the percentage level and calculates current gallons and the maximum number of gallons that could be delivered taking into account the 90% rule plus a little cushion.

Leave a comment:

• XboxMeister
    replied
    OK, good to know about Generac. I don't have a way to test it though so I'm a bit hesitant to say it works with it without having a way to verify that they send the same data, use the same JSON structure, … Do you happen to know if they have a test account to play with for developers? Some companies do (Tank Utility didn't).

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Originally posted by XboxMeister View Post

Great ideas! I will put them on my list of improvements.

Glad it's working for you so far. If you have other ideas or run into issues, drop me a note please. :-)
    Will do, and thank you again! Great to see another developer building for the platform. Oh FYI you probably know this but the Generac version is just a branded version from TankUtility and it uses their same backend. So might want to update the description on the plugin so people know it works with Generac as well...

Leave a comment:

• XboxMeister
    replied
    Originally posted by bsobel View Post
    Up and running, no issues, found both tanks no problem. A couple small suggestions:

a) When you register your config link, mark it as such so it becomes clickable from the interfaces screen (that allows you to jump right from the list to your config page, bypassing the menu)
    b) Status icons on the devices, perhaps the battery indicator icons for the readings and an alert or ok icon on the last date if the last read date is more than X days (to quickly catch if things aren't updating)

Thank you again!
    Great ideas! I will put them on my list of improvements.

Glad it's working for you so far. If you have other ideas or run into issues, drop me a note please. :-)

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Up and running, no issues, found both tanks no problem. A couple small suggestions:

a) When you register your config link, mark it as such so it becomes clickable from the interfaces screen (that allows you to jump right from the list to your config page, bypassing the menu)
    b) Status icons on the devices, perhaps the battery indicator icons for the readings and an alert or ok icon on the last date if the last read date is more than X days (to quickly catch if things aren't updating)

Thank you again!

Leave a comment:

• XboxMeister
    replied
    Excellent! Let me know how it works for you. I've done some testing with two monitors under one account but as I only have one real monitor device, I had to simulate the 2nd one. It should work with multiple monitors but you never know until you try. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Awesome. Had been on my list to write, great to see it available (I have 2 units, adding 2 more)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X