Error in logs; but plugin seems to be working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in logs; but plugin seems to be working

I am seeing this in the logs, it appears twice a few minutes apart (I have two tanks). I edited out part of the token, if you need the full one just drop me a PM and I'll send it to you. Debug logging is turned off on the config page, but is reported in the log as "TankUtility Debug"

Token Page: {"error":"","token":"AEu4IL2GV-3NF1Qcp0lOsgQ94au4BJ1k7EPhtoAwu9WeANd5TSf3NMqM3ggqwTl7bOE3pI TKPJDL8Yt3XYOdOmPg0keKqdz6-x1tpQXulnT4rqn44Tv_z6NjKc_obEzedck-dUcA-yoSJ_I7WoYVu94d1oM50YDPIVPUBe2tOeUEbXONi8Grtg1N4dBM3N0lD9Fw0 y3Ol.....L0XRv0d13kv2G6fM"}

Token Page: {"error":"","token":"AEu4IL0esM2HFp7oFKRpIBU7c2CJ9l3_cmZKFq6 IKn2sDxBX6inQsh5j694e9lf0tsy0ajgU1zUiKMdbiPCvFKZ7Gh28_OTNM5B 76BlwR8haC658fHyq3-jmUFzhl3QsBW2UCL8Ikxph8DFNptJghbX8z3k4YAt44Xt6a_Q5v97Ah0ixWX yadMiw6RaGRGhsgn....02eQAiew4ZkzWHVwdlcj0"}

Is it safe to ignore, perhaps a log that forgot to respect the debug setting, or does it indicate an actual issue?

Best
    Bill

Just extra debug that got away from me. Ignore it safely. I will get rid of it in the next update. As for the historical data definitely sounds like a bug. Let me look at that as well.

Thanks for the reports!

Comment

Not to pile on, but I am seeing that the plugin is often crashing at startup and then getting reset and then it appears ok. I just turned on debug logging and will see if anything else is logged, but pretty normal startup for me seems to the below: Also, what version of .net are you building against (I am tracking down a mono bug which may be related depending if you are a version greater than 4.5.2...)
      Aug-01 2:53:34 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin TankUtility started successfully in 117 milliseconds
      Aug-01 2:53:33 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin TankUtility ...
      Aug-01 2:53:33 PM Starting Plug-In TankUtility loaded in 15008 milliseconds
      Aug-01 2:53:26 PM Info Plugin TankUtility has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:52141
      Aug-01 2:52:36 PM Warning I/O interface TankUtility is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
      Aug-01 2:49:38 PM Info Plugin TankUtility with instance: has disconnected
      Aug-01 2:48:33 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin TankUtility started successfully in 67 milliseconds
      Aug-01 2:48:33 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin TankUtility ...
      Aug-01 2:47:00 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in TankUtility
      Aug-01 2:47:00 PM Starting Plug-In TankUtility loaded in 15069 milliseconds
      Aug-01 2:46:46 PM Info Plugin TankUtility has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:52021
      Aug-01 2:42:56 PM Plug-In Found plug-in: TankUtility, version: 3.0.0.4

Comment

The crash at startup occurs when Tank Utility receives a null pointer exception calling into HomeSeer. Those calls aren't in a try/catch block the the NPE propagates and the process terminates. There exists a bug in HS I am working on fully identifying on Mono where HS calls can fail for a plugin, the failure occurs when a plugin calls into HS while HS is blocked calling another plugin (for example HS is blocked calling the InitIO routing on PluiginA, PluginB may get a null pointer exception calling GetDeviceEnumerator() RegisgerWebPage() etc.) I am working with Rich so he can create a fix for this, but I recommend that you (for backwards compatibility for versions prior to a future fix) catch your exceptions and in the case of a NPE on a HS call, retry the call at least a few times (I try up to 10 times before I give up and rethrow the initial exception). This will generally mask the issue for your users until HS is fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X