Tank Utility not Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Utility not Working?

I have had my Tank Utility installed and the plugin running for almost three weeks. I don't see any of the devices updating regularly on my Device Management page, not even the "Last Reading Time" device.

The only time I see any change is when I restart the plugin. When I look in the HS log after restarting the plugin I see a similar message as below but it now has all the data retrieved from the TU cloud and it appears to be good data. The app on my iPhone is showing that the monitor is sending data every 24 hours as it should

I still get this "bogus" error message every hour, but I never see the token page with good data, except as noted above, when I restart the plugin.

TankUtility Debug Token Page: {"error":"","token":"AEu4IL0W3bngdD21cN00OhV7dNZ3TR3ECC5IxLL 5Q9J3i2I0r9PMy2eN0jHsECi974SXjNG74MdeEH4FcgXlU9WFbKDxzB6w5iq TKbi7eAEIpk3o1oj1B2YIWUY2V9vZb5QOkjKD-BrOUKYb3_6S24i8FAXm3qyPWLudNZz-9cLbcr7oSN2TEjZSo7PlaPU7LSCFOrwurbqvUbBjLw1-ChRD8NnSMHTy8UvOdcsmRYR2GTOu6xGWRoA"}

I have the latest version of the plugin, Version 3.0.0.4. HS3 Version is: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows).

Any ideas where to go from here?

Did you run 3.0.0.3 previously and see updates? The changes I made to 3.0.0.4 shouldn't change any functionality or stop it from working but I'm curious if 3.0.0.3 was working for you before or if you started on 3.0.0.4. Have you double-checked your username/password in the Config screen for the plugin? That's about all that can go wrong. The plugin has been running continuously for months for me, updating every day.

The message is just stray debug I need to get rid of. There actually is no error and it is just reporting the access tokens it got back from the service. That said, if you are getting tokens it should be updating.

Pls PM me and we can debug more.

Comment

Just as an FYI I experienced the same problem. All the devices were created correctly, but they would not update unless I killed the plugin and restarted. I could see API calls going out to Tank Utility and the data coming back, but for some reason it wasn't posting back to the devices. Because it's a free plugin and nobody else seemed to be having the same issue, I didn't want to bother you with it. So I just started making my own API calls every 6 hours. I did however like your layout so I used that as a pattern to go by with a few modifications.

One thing I did add that is sort of nifty is I make a daily API call to the US Energy Information Administration (https://api.eia.gov/series/?api_key=..._PRS_SMO_DPG.W) and bring back the average cost of propane for my region. With that I use the capacity available in my tank to calculate what it would currently cost to fill it up. Once the tank gets to less than 45% I send a text message to my wife to order propane with how many gallons it should hold, what the average price is and about what it should cost to fill up the tank. Helps her with budgeting and shopping around for the best price delivered.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tank_utility.png Views:	0 Size:	205.6 KB ID:	1335940

--Barry

Comment

Strange. Is this also only with 3.0.0.4? Sounds like it gets the data but isn’t updating the objects for sone reason. I will look at it more tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by XboxMeister View Post
          Strange. Is this also only with 3.0.0.4? Sounds like it gets the data but isn’t updating the objects for sone reason. I will look at it more tomorrow.
          Yes, it was with 3.0.0.4, I don't think I ran any prior versions.

--Barry

Comment

Xbox, I have not run any version prior to 3.0.0.4. I did turn on debugging from the config page for a while (probably not long enough). Is there a debug log created or is all the debug info just written into the HS log?

Logman, I like what you are doing with your data. I was going to do something similar.

Comment

I'm seeing something similar with 3.0.0.4. The update must have gotten broken. Testing some changes right now.

Comment

Any ETA on the changes you are testing?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Ran into some unexpected issues on my development system. Looking to get something out next week. Apologies for the delay.

Comment

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Comment

After running your latest beta version of code, 3.0.0.5, for a week or so, I thought I would do a quick follow up. The tank utility plug-in has been running flawlessly.

Thanks for maintaining this free plug-in.

I do have a question about one of the devices the plug-in created. What is your criteria in the plug-in for the "Recently Filled" device? I am guessing something like: the last tank reading being higher than the previous tank reading by some percentage.

Comment

I am haveing the same issue, where can I find 3.0.0.5 Beta?

Comment

Originally posted by dar2107 View Post
                            I am haveing the same issue, where can I find 3.0.0.5 Beta?
                            I will be pushing the new version up to HS to publish in the Updater today.

Comment

Originally posted by feman View Post
                              After running your latest beta version of code, 3.0.0.5, for a week or so, I thought I would do a quick follow up. The tank utility plug-in has been running flawlessly.

Thanks for maintaining this free plug-in.

I do have a question about one of the devices the plug-in created. What is your criteria in the plug-in for the "Recently Filled" device? I am guessing something like: the last tank reading being higher than the previous tank reading by some percentage.
                              Yes, it checks to see if the new reading is significantly higher than the previous one (e.g., > 1% more to account for reading variability from day to day).

Comment

Working...
                              X