Does Tesla PowerWall go by another name for its WiFi adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Tesla PowerWall go by another name for its WiFi adapter

I do have Tesla Powerwall installed and running accessible from my Tesla App.
    I'm sure it is connected to my WiFi as the Tesla tech was not happy with the cellular reception and asked me for my WiFi credentials. However, I have hard time finding the IP address.
    I looked at the router and I also ran utility called "Advanced IP scanner" that shows all devices on my network.
    Nothing from Tesla.
    As far as Manufacturer's ID is encoded in the MAC address and as far as Tesla may have outsourced some electronics than maybe another name will show.
    Does anyone know what it might be. I have over 100 devices on my LAN and it would be difficult to try one by one.

Thanks,
    TheDude

You're correct, Tesla does not make their own network interfaces. My Gateway's wired MAC is 00:01:45:... which is apparently from WINSYSTEMS, INC. and the Wi-Fi MAC is 88:DA:1A:... which is from Redpine Signals, Inc.

In a LAN scan, the Gateway gives a hostname starting with 1118431-00-L which looks to be a part number, so it's probably consistent (or at least close to consistent) between different units.

Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by Dr. McKay; September 15, 2020, 03:46 AM. Reason: Fixed MAC being parsed into an emoticon

Comment

Thanks Dr McKay for the prompt reply. Guess what, I do have RedPine showing and also this was my prime suspect as Tesla is in Palo Alto and they likely would use a company close by. There are many red woods just west of Palo Alto across the Valley. Ha ha ha. Will give it a try and let you know.

Comment

Working...
      X