Plugin not appearing in dropdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin not appearing in dropdown

Has anyone tried to install the plugin since the latest update a few days ago?

I have and while it appears to be installed, it does not show up in the drop down where all other plugins do.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling. I've tried to uninstall and then reinstall.

Any advice on what to try to fix this issue?

Originally posted by adamgreenberg View Post
    Has anyone tried to install the plugin since the latest update a few days ago?

I have and while it appears to be installed, it does not show up in the drop down where all other plugins do.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling. I've tried to uninstall and then reinstall.

Any advice on what to try to fix this issue?
    I have seen this before, I think it is an HS3 issue. If the plug-in is showing on the management page, but not in the plug-in drop down. Try clicking on Home to get the device manager, do a forced refresh on the page or clear your browser's cache. Then try again. I have had to do this several times with different plug-ins over the last couple of months. It seems to happen just after I update a plug-in or disable/enable it, but not every time.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I tried the refresh and it did not solve the problem.

I've tried to access the plugin from multiple different computers with no success. I have also shut down and restarted homeseer as well as the computer that it is running on.

As another experiment, I just installed another plugin from UltraJones (ultralog3) and it installed just fine and is accessible from the menu normally as are all other plugins.

This leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the plugin vs. my HS3.

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running? What OS are you running on? When you say drop down are you referring to the grid view that shows all the plugins that installed and running accessed by selecting Plugins > Manage?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Take a look at the the last post in this thread for a picture which shows it is installed in the plugins/manage page but does not appear in the plugins dropdown menu

https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171393

Here is my system information

Current Date/Time: 2/3/2017 11:42:59 AM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
          System Uptime: 1 Day 3 Hours 37 Minutes 43 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.0.11
          Number of Devices: 570
          Number of Events: 144
          Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
          1.1.2.0: Device History
          3.0.0.31: EnvisaLink
          3.0.0.104: HSTouch Server
          3.0.6.0: Insteon
          1.0.5687.23871: MySensors
          3.0.0.11: NetCAM
          3.0.1.47: PHLocation
          4.0.0.0: PLEXMONITOR
          0.0.0.29: Pushover 3P
          1.0.0.4: Restart
          1.27.0.0: Smarter Control
          3.1.0.18: Sonos
          3.0.6238.24487: UltraECM3
          3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
          3.0.6147.22046: UltraMon3
          3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
          3.0.6119.21453: UltraNetCam3
          3.0.1.101: Z-Wave

Comment

Ah I see. Hopefully Ultra will see this and comment. Can you click on the plugin name and get to the configuration?

Comment

How long ago did you load this trial? Did you see any errors in the log file about the licensing of this plugin?

Comment

I've had the issue where you update a plugin and sometimes it doesn't show at all. The only way I could get the plugin back was to restart HS.

I've had this happen with 3 different plugins. I don't see how it could be the plugin as I updated the same plugin on my production HS and my development HS. The same plugin, same version and it only happened on the development HS.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. To answer a couple of the most recent thoughts...

I just installed it the other day, so it is well within the trial period. In other instances when a trial is no longer valid, it tells you right on the plugin page so I wouldn't think that is the problem. I wonder if buying the plugin would solve the problem. I may try that.

I am attaching a log file that has every entry related to this plugin from the first time I installed it a few days ago.

I've restarted HS and it has not fixed the problem and as previously mentioned, I have installed another one of Ultra's plugins subsequently with no issues.

Hopefully Ultra see's this and can help. After waiting for Brultech to do what they needed to in order to get the plugin to connect directly with the dashbox for so long, it will be really disappointing to be unable to get the plugin to install.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have now purchased the plugin to eliminate that being a potential issue. Still does not work

I've also tried to access what would be the html page using the same nomenclature of other Ultra plugins and get the attached webpage in return
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like one Ultras going to have to help you with.

Comment

Hello Adam,

I am sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of town all last week. The debug logs you provided indicate HomeSeer is not communicating with my plug-in. This is the first time I have seen an error like this. Have you tried to restart your Windows 10 system?

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                          Hello Adam,

I am sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of town all last week. The debug logs you provided indicate HomeSeer is not communicating with my plug-in. This is the first time I have seen an error like this. Have you tried to restart your Windows 10 system?

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          Hi,

I have done everything I can think of including rebooting the computer. I tried disabling and then enabling the plugin. I uninstalled through homeseer as well as by manually deleting the files and then reinstalled.

Subsequent to this issue I also installed another one of your plugins and that one is working just fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you shutdown HomeSeer, then find and delete the databases that exist in the HomeSeer data/hspi_ultraecm directory, then restart HomeSeer?

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                              Can you shutdown HomeSeer, then find and delete the databases that exist in the HomeSeer data/hspi_ultraecm directory, then restart HomeSeer?

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              There is no folder for the ultraecm plugin in the data folder. Why would that be the case? Could that be the source of the issue?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X