• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adamgreenberg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Hello Adam,

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner. The issue you reported has been resolved. I use to include a version of sqlite in the bin directory, but decided to use what HomeSeer provides. The exe.conf file was still referencing the old bin/hspi_ultraecm3 directory so the database would never get created which would cause the plug-in to exit before being fully initialized. To fix this, stop the plug-in, re-install the plug-in, then enable it again.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    No problem. I'm just glad there was a solution. I've followed your instructions and it is now accessible so this problem is solved. I am having some challenges getting it to work with my dashbox, but will post on that thread for assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Hello Adam,

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner. The issue you reported has been resolved. I use to include a version of sqlite in the bin directory, but decided to use what HomeSeer provides. The exe.conf file was still referencing the old bin/hspi_ultraecm3 directory so the database would never get created which would cause the plug-in to exit before being fully initialized. To fix this, stop the plug-in, re-install the plug-in, then enable it again.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I have a development server for HS3. I installed the plugin and enabled it. The plugin did not show in the dropdown.
    This is different than what I ran into with other plugins. The issue I had was that the plugin would not even show in the installed plugin list. A restart of HS fixed that.

But for this a restart of HS, disabling and enabling the plugin. Nothing would get it to show up in the Plug-Ins dropdown in the HS menu at the top of the page.

Leave a comment:

• adamgreenberg
    replied
    So I will add another piece of information...

I installed a fresh instance of homeseer on my main computer in my office (different computer than what my regular HS3 runs on). I installed the plugin and am getting the same issue where it is not appearing in the dropdown.

Is it possible that in a recent update to this plugin that something got broken such that it won't properly install for the first time (e.g. those that already have the plugin can update and it keeps working just fine, but for those installing for the first time, it won't work properly). Does anyone on here have a clean computer to download HS3 onto to see if they get the same result as I?

The other piece of information that I can add (this relates to the ask to delete the information in the data folder), is that there is nothing in the data folder. The data folder only gets populated with information the first time the plugin is run. I installed another one of Ultra's plugins to see if it created anything in the data folder. When I enabled the plugin it did not. It only did when I went into the plugin page and started doing stuff.

Leave a comment:

• adamgreenberg
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Try shutting down HS3 and then right click on your HS3 shortcut and choose run as administrator. Then reinstall the plugin. It appears you are not running HS3 with admin privileges.
    Rupp, thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled the plugin. I shut down homeseer. I manually deleted all the ultraecm files from my homeseer directories. I started homeseer using the method you suggested by right clicking and selecting run as administrator. I installed the plugin. I activated it. No difference. Plugin still does not appear in the dropdown menu.

In any event, not sure why this particular plugin from ultra would behave differently in terms of needing to have homeseer started in this fashion?

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Try shutting down HS3 and then right click on your HS3 shortcut and choose run as administrator. Then reinstall the plugin. It appears you are not running HS3 with admin privileges.

Leave a comment:

• adamgreenberg
    replied
    Can you shutdown HomeSeer, then find and delete the databases that exist in the HomeSeer data/hspi_ultraecm directory, then restart HomeSeer?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    There is no folder for the ultraecm plugin in the data folder. Why would that be the case? Could that be the source of the issue?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Can you shutdown HomeSeer, then find and delete the databases that exist in the HomeSeer data/hspi_ultraecm directory, then restart HomeSeer?

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• adamgreenberg
    replied
    Hello Adam,

I am sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of town all last week. The debug logs you provided indicate HomeSeer is not communicating with my plug-in. This is the first time I have seen an error like this. Have you tried to restart your Windows 10 system?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Hi,

I have done everything I can think of including rebooting the computer. I tried disabling and then enabling the plugin. I uninstalled through homeseer as well as by manually deleting the files and then reinstalled.

Subsequent to this issue I also installed another one of your plugins and that one is working just fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Hello Adam,

I am sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of town all last week. The debug logs you provided indicate HomeSeer is not communicating with my plug-in. This is the first time I have seen an error like this. Have you tried to restart your Windows 10 system?

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Looks like one Ultras going to have to help you with.

Leave a comment:

• adamgreenberg
    replied
    I have now purchased the plugin to eliminate that being a potential issue. Still does not work

I've also tried to access what would be the html page using the same nomenclature of other Ultra plugins and get the attached webpage in return
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• adamgreenberg
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. To answer a couple of the most recent thoughts...

I just installed it the other day, so it is well within the trial period. In other instances when a trial is no longer valid, it tells you right on the plugin page so I wouldn't think that is the problem. I wonder if buying the plugin would solve the problem. I may try that.

I am attaching a log file that has every entry related to this plugin from the first time I installed it a few days ago.

I've restarted HS and it has not fixed the problem and as previously mentioned, I have installed another one of Ultra's plugins subsequently with no issues.

Hopefully Ultra see's this and can help. After waiting for Brultech to do what they needed to in order to get the plugin to connect directly with the dashbox for so long, it will be really disappointing to be unable to get the plugin to install.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I've had the issue where you update a plugin and sometimes it doesn't show at all. The only way I could get the plugin back was to restart HS.

I've had this happen with 3 different plugins. I don't see how it could be the plugin as I updated the same plugin on my production HS and my development HS. The same plugin, same version and it only happened on the development HS.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    How long ago did you load this trial? Did you see any errors in the log file about the licensing of this plugin?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X