Clear Pulse Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear Pulse Count

I set up a pulse count with my GEM, and would like to clear the count. I tried with a script:
    &hs.SetDeviceValuebyref(2179, 0, True)
    But it will not clear the count, Can it be cleared?

Edit:
    After checking other items, I found that the script does change the value, but then something in memory changes the value back right away.
    Last edited by KSO; September 16, 2018, 06:49 AM.

Originally posted by KSO View Post
    I set up a pulse count with my GEM, and would like to clear the count. I tried with a script:
    &hs.SetDeviceValuebyref(2179, 0, True)
    But it will not clear the count, Can it be cleared?

Edit:
    After checking other items, I found that the script does change the value, but then something in memory changes the value back right away.
    I don't recall if Brultech provides an API call to reset the counter. You can always log into the GEM's web interface to do that. I think you can also set the HomeSeer device's Offset Value to the current value which should reset the device's value to 0. The Offset Value allows you to reset the value to 0 without having to reset the counter within the GEM.

Please let me know if the suggestion works.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

OK, I set the offset value to the current value, and it did set the displayed value to zero, but in the advanced tab, the "Value" is 53=0, (53 is the current value), so it changed the displayed value to 0, but the actual value remains. I also went into the Gem interface, and did reset the value to zero, but in HS3 the value remained the same and did not change. So if the GEM is set to zero, but in HS3 remains at the current value, is there a memory location that is forcing the value to remain?
      I have a rain sensor wired to the pulse counter set to act like a tipping bucket, and it is set up to activate when it reads a set amount of rain (like a tipping bucket would do). so each count represents a set amount of rain. I would like to reset the counter after the rain stops to have it at 0 for the next rain.

Comment

see my comment to your cross-post
        tenholde

Comment

Working...
        X